Consistent with revised CDC guidance, vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals are recommended to wear a mask when in public indoor spaces where COVID-19 virus transmission is considered substantial or high.
COVID-19 Resources: COVID-19 Testing | Report Positive Test, Symptoms, or Direct Exposure | Vaccine Information | COVID-19 Website
Sharier Azim Khan, Ph.D.
Dr. Sharier Azim Khan, CFA, is an Assistant Professor in the Finance Department since August 2020. He obtained his Ph.D. in Business Administration (Finance concentration) from Texas Tech University (TTU) in 2020. Additionally, he is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Charter-holder with about ten years of professional experience in commercial banking. His teaching and research interests include several sub-fields of Finance. He has presented his research papers in several conferences and has published in the Journal of Financial Research (JFR).
- FIN 4213, Investments
- FIN 3603, Financial Statement Analysis
- FIN 3563, Fundamentals of Business Finance
- MSBA 5243, Financial Modeling and Analysis
Education and Certifications
- Ph.D., Texas Tech University, Finance, 2020.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), CFA Institute, 2014.
- BBA, University of Dhaka, Finance, 2005.
- Assistant Professor, University of Central Oklahoma. (August 2020 - Present).
- Instructor, Texas Tech University. (2017 - 2020).
- Teaching Assistant, Texas Tech University. (2015 – 2017).
- High School Teacher, Willes Little Flower School. (2001 - 2004).
- Manager, Credit Risk, Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC. (2013 - 2015).
- Senior Relationship Manager, Corporate Banking, City Bank Limited. (2012 - 2013).
- Relationship Manager, Risk, Standard Chartered Bank. (2006 - 2012).
Honors and Awards
- Doctoral Student Excellence in Teaching, Texas Tech University, 2018.
- Rawls Endowed Graduate Scholarship, Texas Tech University, 2015 – 2020.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, CFA Society Oklahoma. (2020 - Present).
Research, Published Work, and Scholarly Activities
- Khan, S. A. (2021). Leverage Target and Payout Policy. Journal of Financial Research, 44(1), 53-79. https://doi.org/10.1111/jfir.12234
- Southwestern Finance Association Annual Meeting 2021, Virtual conference.
- Eastern Finance Association Annual Meeting 2019, Miami, FL.
- Southwestern Finance Association Annual Meeting 2019, Houston, TX.
My teaching philosophy is to ensure that students can relate what they learn in class to the real world. My teaching goal is to ensure that students find the learning experience in my classroom valuable to their future endeavors. My goal as a teacher is to ensure that students understand that learning is not just about achieving good grades; the purpose of learning is to acquire useful knowledge that can be applied in the real world.
The views expressed by UCO faculty and staff on their personal websites and social media pages do not necessarily reflect the positions of the University of Central Oklahoma. UCO faculty and staff are advised to follow the university’s social media guidelines and are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with policies outlined in UCO’s Employee Handbook and/or Faculty Handbook.