Lora Benson Pezzell
Instructional Design III
Lora Pezzell, M.A., M.S.,
Instructional Designer II, Center for e-Learning and Connected Environments
Lora Pezzell's, M.A., M.S., research and pedagogy interests are humanizing the online experience and interactive learning. She has 15 years of experience in higher education. Lora has worked in various roles, instructional designer, online instructor, academic coach and assistant to the dean of online programs. Her training and education also cross over into corporate instructional design. She currently lives in Edmond with her 15-year-old son and husband.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Board member for the 21 Century Pedagogy Institute, 21CPI. I have hosted book club discussions such as Small Teaching Online and Ungrading by Susan Blum. I am passionate about helping faculty create transformative learning experiences in online environments.
- Board member for COLE-Council for Online Learning Excellence-A division of the Online Consortium of Oklahoma
- Former Board member for: Oklahoma AHEAD-Oklahoma Association on Higher Education and Disability
- Member-Professional Development for Instructional Designers-PD4IDs
- Volunteer for the Edmond Historical Society
- CRISP Member for the International House Host Family
- Leadership at UCO, LUCO, Cohort 18
- Dare to Lead by Brené Brown, facilitated by Linda Clark
Education and Certifications
- B.A. in Liberal Arts, Antioch University at Los Angeles, CA
- M.A. in Organizational Management, Antioch University at Los Angeles, CA
- M.S. in Instructional Design and Technology from CSU, Fullerton, CA
The views expressed by UCO faculty and staff on their personal websites and social media pages do not necessarily reflect the positions of the University of Central Oklahoma. UCO faculty and staff are advised to follow the university’s social media guidelines and are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with policies outlined in UCO’s Employee Handbook and/or Faculty Handbook.