Heloisa Cursi Campos, Ph.D.
Heloisa Cursi Campos, Ph.D. (she/her), is an assistant professor of psychology in the Department of Psychology at the University of Central Oklahoma. She earned her B.S. in psychology and an M.S. and Ph.D. in experimental psychology in Brazil, her home country. She completed part of her doctoral studies as a visiting scholar at Purdue University on a Fulbright scholarship—she was one of 34 students from Brazil who received the Fulbright scholarship in the 2011-12 academic year.
Campos’ work focuses on methods to teach language and cognitive skills to students and incentives to manage their behaviors so students can be more motivated and perform well on tests. She has also been interested in experimental models to investigate and change prejudice and implicit biases. If you are interested in any of these topics or have your research ideas, contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org. She is always looking for motivated students who would like to improve their studying and research skills!
- Introduction to Psychology, General Psychology [Undergraduate level, Face-to-face and online]
- Experimental Psychology [Undergraduate level, Face-to-face and online]
- Learning and Behavior [Undergraduate level, Face-to-face and online]
- Introduction to Behavior Analysis [Undergraduate level, Face-to-face]
- Educational Psychology [Undergraduate level, Face-to-face and online]
- Elements of Statistics [Undergraduate level, Face-to-face]
- ABA IV: Single-Subject Design, Advanced Psychological Seminar on Single-Subject Designs [Graduate level, Face-to-face and online]
Education and Certifications
Ph.D., Experimental Psychology, University of São Paulo, Brazil, 2013. Purdue University, United States, 2012. Partial doctoral studies completed as a Visiting Scholar on a Fulbright scholarship. One of the 34 students selected in Brazil to receive the Fulbright scholarship during the 2011-2012 academic year.
M.S., Experimental Psychology, University of São Paulo, Brazil, 2009.
B.S., Psychology, Pontifical Catholic University of São Paulo, Brazil, 2008.
- Language and cognition with people with or without developmental disabilities
- Learning in higher education
- Single-subject designs
- Prejudice and implicit bias
Professional and Community Involvement
- Association for Psychological Science, Active Member
- Association for Behavior Analysis International, Active Member
- Psi Chi, The International Honor Society in Psychology, Faculty Advisor
- University of Central Oklahoma Latino Faculty and Staff Association, Secretary
The views expressed by UCO faculty and staff on their personal websites and social media pages do not necessarily reflect the positions of the University of Central Oklahoma. UCO faculty and staff are advised to follow the university’s social media guidelines and are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with policies outlined in UCO’s Employee Handbook and/or Faculty Handbook.