Maha El Hachi, Ph.D.
El Hachi, PhD., is an assistant professor in the University of Central Oklahoma Department of Nursing. She Joined UCO in August 2021. She facilitates students' learning in the online graduate program, the online RN to B.S., and the traditional B.S. track. Hachi is a professional nurse educator with vast clinical and academic teaching experience, locally and internationally.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, American University of Beirut, 1990.
- Teaching Diploma, American University of Beirut, 1997.
- Master of Science in Nursing Specialization in Health Care Education, University of Phoenix, Arizona, 2009.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing, University of Phoenix, Arizona, 2018.
Because of her love for gardening, Hachi envisions learners as plants in different stages of growth; providing the right environment and teaching strategies based on the learners’ needs, can assist in the success of the teaching-learning process. This is especially important in today’s increase in the diversity of the student body. She applies a combination of learning theories and pedagogies in the classroom and clinical settings for better outcomes. The theories that guide her teaching philosophy include Adult Learning Theory, Humanism, and the Transformative theory.
Research, Published Work, and Scholarly Activities
- EL Hachi, M. (2020). Faculty incivility: Lived experiences of nursing graduates in the United Arab Emirates. International Nursing Review 67(1), 127–135.
- El Hachi, M. (2018). Nursing graduates lived experiences with faculty incivility in nursing education in the United Arab Emirates (Doctoral Dissertation).
- El Hachi, M. Step Back from Being the Sage on The Stage. Peer Learning in the Classroom. 23rd Annual Collegium on College Teaching Practice. A Program of the 21st Century Pedagogy Institute (21CPI) University of Central Oklahoma (08/2022).
- El Hachi, M. Developing Test Blueprint and Writing Test Items. Educator Development Sessions, American University of Beirut- Medical Center, Beirut, Lebanon (06/2020).
- El Hachi. M. Student Performance Appraisal: Skills of Writing Clinical Anecdotes. Preceptorship Workshop, Balamand University, Beirut, Lebanon (08/2019).
- El Hachi, M. Socializing and Educating Staff for Team Building in a Learning Organization. Leadership & Management in Nursing and Health Course, Balamand University. Beirut, Lebanon (02/2019).
- El Hachi, M., Nursing Graduates Lived Experiences with Faculty Incivility in Nursing Education in the UAE. A Voice to Lead- ICN Regional Conference, Abu Dhabi, UAE (09/2018).
- El Hachi, M. The Nurse Educator Role and The WHO Nurse Educator Competencies. Clinical Resource Nurse Development Day. Sheikh Khalifa Medical City, Abu Dhabi, UAE (05/2018).
- El Hachi, M. Evidence-based Teaching & Evaluation of Learning. Nurse Educator Workshop. Higher Colleges of Technology/ Sheikh Khalifa Medical City, Abu Dhabi, UAE (02/2016).
- El Hachi, M., Arab-American Culture and Healthcare 5th Annual Caring across Cultures Conference. Oklahoma City University, Kramer School of Nursing, Oklahoma City, USA (09/2008).
- NURS 5323 Leadership in Healthcare Organizations
- NURS 5423 Learner-Centered Curricula Nsg
RN to B.S. Track
- NURS 4343 Alterations in Health
Traditional B.S. Track
- NURS 1221 Introduction to Nursing
- NURS 3202 Introduction to pharmacology
- NURS 3307 Adult Med- Surg I
- NURS 4746 Professional Nursing Leadership & Management
The views expressed by UCO faculty and staff on their personal websites and social media pages do not necessarily reflect the positions of the University of Central Oklahoma. UCO faculty and staff are advised to follow the university’s social media guidelines and are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with policies outlined in UCO’s Employee Handbook and/or Faculty Handbook.