Graphic Designer II
Lauren Burk is an OKC-based graphic designer who has consistently delivered creative, engaging, out-of-the-box and efficient designs over the past six years of her professional career. She started with drawing cats and cartoon characters on assignments in middle school and basically hasn’t stopped since. When not working on a project, she can be found at Picasso Cafe in the Paseo District or petting stray cats.
Education and Certifications
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design | 2017–21
Oklahoma Christian University
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4.0, Summa Cum Laude
Graphic Designer II | January 2022–Present
University of Central Oklahoma | College of Fine Arts and Design
• Utilized video animation software, including After Effects, to create engaging motion
graphics, enhancing UCO's advertising reach and fostering community engagement on
social media platforms.
• Collaborated with department heads to art direct and coordinate comprehensive digital
and print campaigns for various events.
• Produced designs, illustrations, templates, and layouts in adherence to University
brand standards, ensuring consistent visual identity.
• Developed an innovative program utilizing QR codes, resulting in substantial savings
on printing costs for the College, while creating a dynamic and publicly accessible
Head of Design/Vice President | 2022–Present
• Spearheaded the visual direction for Edmond Pride 2023.
• Organized and facilitated board meetings and coordinated events for the 2023 season.
• Created, produced graphics for and operated Edmond Pride’s social media accounts.
• Fostered relationships with local businesses and publications to promote our
organization and publicize events.
• Oversaw the acquisition and management of sponsorships from the community.
Graphic Design Intern | May 2021–July 2021
National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum
• Conceptualized and designed original illustrative artwork for the annual Rodeo Hall of
Fame Weekend event suite.
• Incorporated feedback from senior graphic designer and chief marketing officer to
refine designs and meet project objectives.
• Efficiently collaborated with the marketing team to create rack cards, print and digital
advertisements, digital signage, internal materials, and event collateral, adhering to the
museum's brand standards.
Art Director | July, August 2016–July, August 2019
K-M Scout Ranch
• Developed and conducted workshops and lectures for various merit badges, covering
diverse artistic mediums such as leatherwork, wood carving, animation, marketing,
• Supervised a team of three counselors to ensure a positive learning environment.
• Managed inventory for the art department, ensuring the availability of necessary
materials and resources.
Art Director | May 2018–August 2018
Boys and Girls Club of Cascade County
• Instructed children aged 6 to 18 in fundamental art principles, covering topics such as
color theory and various techniques like ink transfer and print-making.
• Developed and implemented weekly lesson plans to foster creativity and
• Successfully worked with children with disabilities and learning difficulties, adapting
teaching methods to meet their unique needs.
• Managed a team of two counselors to ensure a safe and enriching artistic environment
for all participants.
Honors and Awards
UCO 2SLGBTQIA+ Faculty Staff Association Member
2022 – Present
Edmond Pride Board Member
2022 – Present
Alpha Chi College Honor Society
OC President’s Scholarship
The views expressed by UCO faculty and staff on their personal websites and social media pages do not necessarily reflect the positions of the University of Central Oklahoma. UCO faculty and staff are advised to follow the university’s social media guidelines and are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with policies outlined in UCO’s Employee Handbook and/or Faculty Handbook.