Crystal Westmoreland, Ph.D.
Crystal Westmoreland, Ph.D., M.S.N., RN
Assistant Professor of Nursing
Crystal Westmoreland, Ph.D., has been teaching full time since 2013. Her clinical background includes transition to practice, critical care and cardiac telemetry. She has taught various courses in nursing including Foundations, Pharmacology, Health Assessment, Nutrition, LPN-RN Transition, Medical Surgical 1 and 2, Nursing Research, Critical Care and Leadership.
She lives in Edmond with her spouse, Joshua, and two daughters, Stella and Nora. She retired from the Air National Guard in 2020. She is an avid animal rescuer. She enjoys being outdoors, traveling and reading.
Education and Certifications
- Doctor of Philosophy, Nursing-2019 Oklahoma City University
- Master of Science, Nursing Education-2012 Oklahoma City University
- Bachelor of Science, Nursing-2011 Southwestern Oklahoma State University
- Associate of Applied Science, Nursing-2007 Northwest Arkansas Community College
- Assistant Professor, University of Central Oklahoma (2022-Present)
- Assistant Professor & Department Chair, Oklahoma City University (2019-22)
- Simulation Center Coordinator, Oklahoma City University (2017-19)
- Clinical Instructor, Oklahoma City University (2014-17)
- Instructor, Northern Oklahoma College (2013-14)
- Transition to Practice RN (2021-Present)
- Critical Care Registered Nurse (2007-14)
- Cardiac Telemetry Licensed Practical Nurse (2005-07)
Professional and Community Involvement
Dr. Westmoreland is the Primary Nurse Planner for Oklahoma Nurses Association. She is an active volunteer with 405 Animal Rescue, Kanoa Animal Rescue Foundation, Trinity Schools and Rose Union Elementary School.
The views expressed by UCO faculty and staff on their personal websites and social media pages do not necessarily reflect the positions of the University of Central Oklahoma. UCO faculty and staff are advised to follow the university’s social media guidelines and are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with policies outlined in UCO’s Employee Handbook and/or Faculty Handbook.