Sumeyra Karatas, Ed.D.
- MATH 1113 Mathematics for General Education
- MATH 1453 Applied Algebra
Education and Certifications
- Ed.D. Mathematics Education, University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, 2022
- M.Ed. Mathematics Education, North American University, 2017
- B.S. Mathematics, Erciyes University, 2011
Research, Published Work, and Scholarly Activities
- Safak, R., Karatas, S., Karatas, V., Bulut, G., & Kartal, O. (2021). Productive struggle in learning mathematics: Preservice elementary and middle school teachers' lesson plans. In Olanoff, D., Johnson, K., & Spitzer, S. (Eds.), Proceedings of the forty-third annual meeting of the North American Chapter of the International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education (pp. 1126-1127) Philadelphia, PA.
- Karatas, S., Safak, R., Bulut, G., & Karatas, V. (2022). Reform-Based Mathematics Teaching in the United States. In O. Kartal, G. Popovic, & S. Morrissey (Ed.), Global Perspectives and Practices for Reform-Based Mathematics Teaching (pp. 22-41). IGI Global. https://doi.org/10.4018/978-1-7998-9422-3.ch002
The views expressed by UCO faculty and staff on their personal websites and social media pages do not necessarily reflect the positions of the University of Central Oklahoma. UCO faculty and staff are advised to follow the university’s social media guidelines and are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with policies outlined in UCO’s Employee Handbook and/or Faculty Handbook.