Karis Barnett, Ph.D.
Karis K. Barnett, Ph.D., is a graduate of the University of Oklahoma receiving an MHR in human relations and a Ph.D. in educational leadership and studies. She currently serves as an associate professor for the Department of Educational Sciences, Foundations and Research under the UCO College of Educational Professional Studies.
Barnett has worked in education for more than 25 years mainly serving as a school counselor in several diverse Oklahoma school districts. In addition, she has served as an adjunct instructor and professor in higher education for more than 15 years teaching in the social science and education fields.
Barnett loves to teach and meet students and focuses on creating a classroom environment where everyone feels safe and respected in sharing ideas. Please feel comfortable asking questions in my classes or needing advisement for graduate programs. I am here to support you, --if I can't find the answer, I'll help you find someone who can.
On a personal note, she is the Queen of her castle and lives in Norman, Oklahoma. She lives with her husband and teenage son, Jake. Barnett also has a son who is attending medical school at Indiana University--Justin. She is a big dog lover and the proud owner of Frankie the Mix and Gary-Walter the Goldendoodle. She loves to read and spend time at the beach.
You may contact her by email anytime at email@example.com.
- ESFR 5153, Adv Dev Psy in Educ Setting.
- ESFR 5383, Prin of Tests & Measurements
- ESFR 5013 Foundation of Ed. Research
- ESFR 5423 Social-Emotional Dev. Gifted
- PTE 3153 Adolescent Psychology
- PTE 3133, Child Psychology
Education and Certifications
- Ph.D., The University of Oklahoma, 2014.
Major: Educational Leadership
Supporting Areas of Emphasis: Educational Studies
Dissertation Title: The Road to Online Credit Recovery: Understanding At-Risk High School Students' Perceptions of Care in the Online Environment
- MA, The University of Oklahoma, 1995.
Major: Human Relations
Supporting Areas of Emphasis: Counseling
- Secondary Principal Certificate, Oklahoma State Department of Education
- Elementary Principal Certification, Oklahoma State Department of Education
- School Counselor, Oklahoma State Department of Education
- Elementary Education Teaching Certificate, State of Oklahoma Education Department.
- Psychology, Oklahoma State Department of Education
The views expressed by UCO faculty and staff on their personal websites and social media pages do not necessarily reflect the positions of the University of Central Oklahoma. UCO faculty and staff are advised to follow the university’s social media guidelines and are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with policies outlined in UCO’s Employee Handbook and/or Faculty Handbook.