COB Coordinator Market & Comms
Rich Tortorelli serves as the coordinator of marketing and communications for the College of Business at the University of Central Oklahoma. He promotes and highlights the college and the achievements of its faculty, staff and students.
He and his wife, Kathryne, reside in Oklahoma City with their four children.
Tortorelli previously highlighted and promoted the accomplishments of Oklahoma City University's athletic department from 2005-23, garnered numerous awards while keeping the public informed about the university's 47 national titles during that timeframe. He brings 10 years of newspaper experience, having spent seven years at the state's largest newspaper, The Oklahoman, and starting his professional career as a UCO student with The Edmond Sun.
Honors and Awards
- 2019-20 Clarence "Ike" Pearson Award
- 2016-17 National Wrestling Media Association small-college sports information director of the year
- 2015-16 Sooner Athletic Conference sports information director of the year
- Oklahoma College Public Relations Association, first place, sports writing
- Fred S. Stabley Award, first place, District Six, historical feature writing
- Three best in the nation citations from College Sports Communicators
Education and Certifications
Bachelor of Arts in newspaper journalism with a psychology minor, University of Central Oklahoma
The views expressed by UCO faculty and staff on their personal websites and social media pages do not necessarily reflect the positions of the University of Central Oklahoma. UCO faculty and staff are advised to follow the university’s social media guidelines and are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with policies outlined in UCO’s Employee Handbook and/or Faculty Handbook.