Spring Break, March 13-17: Classes Canceled, Offices Closed:
The university is closed for spring break March 13-17. Normal operations resume March 20.
Director, Laboratory of History Museum
Interim Director, Museum Studies Program
Heidi Vaughn is the director of the Laboratory of History Museum and interim director of the museum studies program. She also teaches specialized museum studies courses, Oklahoma history and leads study tours.
Education and Certifications
- M.A. History-Museum Studies, University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond, Oklahoma
- B.A. Anthropology (emphasis in Archaeology), University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma
Interim Director, Museum Studies Program, University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond, OK
Director, Laboratory of History Museum, University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond, OK
Director, Cherokee Strip Regional Heritage Center, Oklahoma Historical Society, Enid, OK
Curator of Collections, Oklahoma City National Memorial and Museum, Oklahoma City, OK
Professional and Community Involvement
Member: Oklahoma Museums Association, Oklahoma Archivists Association, Mountain-Plains Museums Association, Association of Academic Museums and Galleries, American Association for State and Local History, American Alliance of Museums
Board service: Oklahoma Museums Association, Mountain-Plains Museums Association (MPMA President 2019-2021)
- Museum Management
- Museum Theory and Practice
- Museum Studies Internships
- Oklahoma History
- Introduction to Mountmaking for Exhibits
- Introduction to Textile Preservation
- Costumed Historic Interpretation
- Independent Study (Museum Studies topics)
- Study Tours: Polish Landscapes of Remembrance, Washington D.C. Museums Study Tour, Layers of Rome, CaSTLE Tour 2012 (France, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium)
By appointment. Please email Ms. Vaughn to schedule an appointment.
The views expressed by UCO faculty and staff on their personal websites and social media pages do not necessarily reflect the positions of the University of Central Oklahoma. UCO faculty and staff are advised to follow the university’s social media guidelines and are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with policies outlined in UCO’s Employee Handbook and/or Faculty Handbook.