Adjunct Instructor B2
Rebecca Thompson has over 19 years of IT experience in veterinary management systems and the oil and gas industry. Her experience includes working for a Fortune 500 company, holding various roles from domestic individual technology support, to remote Titanium Dioxide Plants with hundreds of desktop computers and peripherals. Her IT experience began in the United States with over 50 remote locations, and ranged as far as Holland, China and Japan.
Rebecca currently serves as an adjunct professor in Information Systems and Operations Management for the College of Business. Through her role, she teaches, advises, and mentors students and evaluates student performance. Rebecca graduated from the University of Central Oklahoma in December of 1999, with a Bachelor of Business Administration cum laude in Management Information Systems. As an alumna, she earned her Master of Business Administration with Honors in December of 2000.
- Personal Computing Solutions: ISOM 2012
Education and Certifications
M.B.A. with Honors: University of Central Oklahoma
- Barnabus Endowed Chair Graduate Assistantship
B.B.A. - Management Information Systems cum laude: University of Central Oklahoma
- Technology Manager, Front Desk Support - Nichols Hills Veterinary Clinic
- Hardware, software and peripheral support
- File maintenance, data entry and configuration, server support and backup
- Technical Support Analyst I, II, III - Kerr-McGee Corporation
- Domestic desktop hardware, software and peripheral support
- International desktop hardware, software and peripheral support
- Designed and implemented software to capture client data
- Installed, configured and implemented upgraded hardware
- Designed, installed, and configured remote support software
The views expressed by UCO faculty and staff on their personal websites and social media pages do not necessarily reflect the positions of the University of Central Oklahoma. UCO faculty and staff are advised to follow the university’s social media guidelines and are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with policies outlined in UCO’s Employee Handbook and/or Faculty Handbook.