Christy Vincent, Ph.D.
Christy Vincent, Ph.D., is a professor of organizational communication in the Mass Communication Department.
- MCOM 4013 Corporate Training and Consulting
- MCOM 3633 Conflict and Negotiation in Organizations
- MCOM 2153 Introduction to Organizational Communication
- MCOM 3393 Leading Groups and Building Teams in Organizations
- MCOM 4113 Organizational Communication Capstone
- MCOM 4533 Health Communication and Promotion
Education and Certifications
- Doctor of Philosophy in Communication, University of Oklahoma
- Master of Arts in Communication, University of Houston
- Bachelor of Science in Mass Communication, Oklahoma Christian University
- Certificate in Alternative Dispute Resolution, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine School of Law
Honors and Awards
- Outstanding Liberal Arts Teaching Award, UCO (2017)
- Vanderford Distinguished Teaching Award, UCO (2017)
- Neely Teaching Excellence Award, UCO (2013)
- Vanderford Engagement Award, UCO (2011)
- E-Learning Excellence Award, UCO (2010)
Interests include conflict management, mediation, change management, executive coaching, and training and development.
Vincent is a communication specialist. Using her years of experience in organizational effectiveness and conflict management, she coaches professionals to increase their leadership effectiveness. She helps people improve in essential behaviors such as managing time, setting priorities, uncovering values, working through conflict, coping with stress and managing multiple roles. As an organizational effectiveness consultant, Vincent helps groups and organizations with strategic planning, conflict management, communication needs assessment, problem-solving and leadership development.
Professional and Community Involvement
Vincent is the faculty liaison for the Service Learning Transformational Learning Tenet. She assigns her students course projects that provide service to community nonprofit organizations while allowing students to learn important organizational communication concepts and skills. Vincent's students have worked with the following community partners:
- Dale Rogers Training Center
- Myriad Gardens Foundation
- Rebuilding Together OKC
- Oklahoma Coalition for Reproductive Justice
- Catholic Charities
- The Employment and Education Ministry
- MetroTechnology Centers
The views expressed by UCO faculty and staff on their personal websites and social media pages do not necessarily reflect the positions of the University of Central Oklahoma. UCO faculty and staff are advised to follow the university’s social media guidelines and are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with policies outlined in UCO’s Employee Handbook and/or Faculty Handbook.