Jenna Hellack, Ph.D.
Education and Certifications
Education and Degrees
Murray State College, Tishomingo, OK. A.S. Biology 1965
East Central State University, Ada, OK. B.S. Biology Education 1968
Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK. M.S. Natural Science 1969
University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK. Ph.D. Zoology 1975
- Adjunct Professor Biology, University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond, Ok: August 2011- present
- Professor and Chair Emeritus of Biology, University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond, Ok: June 1 2011 – present.
- Chair, Department of Biology, University Central Oklahoma, Edmond, Ok: Fall 2004- June 2011.
- Professor of Biology, University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond, Ok.: 1990-2011.
- Associate Professor Biology, University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond Ok.: 1983-1990.
- Assistant Professor Biology, Central State University, Edmond Ok.: 1977-1983.
- Adjunct Professor, Department of Zoology, University Oklahoma, Norman, Ok.: 1990- present
- Associate Editor, Drosophila Information Service: 1991-present
- Research Associate, Drosophila genetics, J.N. Thompson Jr., University of Oklahoma, Norma, Ok: 1976-1977.
- Research Associate, behavior interactions of deer mice (Peromyscus), with B.M. Vestal, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Ok: 1975-1976.
- Supplemental Instructor, Zoology, Rose State College, Midwest City, Ok.: 1976-2000.
- Visiting Instructor, Zoology and Evolution, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Ok.: 1975-1976.
- Teaching Associate, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Ok.: 1970-1975.
- Science Instructor, Stratford, Oklahoma High School, Stratford, Ok.: 1969-1970.
- Genetics— 1977-2011
- Molecular and Population Genetics— 1988- 2010
- Ornithology— 2003
- Evolution 1979- present
- Zoology and Animal Biology 1978-2004
- General Biology— 1977-2000
- High School Biology and Chemistry 1969-1970
The views expressed by UCO faculty and staff on their personal websites and social media pages do not necessarily reflect the positions of the University of Central Oklahoma. UCO faculty and staff are advised to follow the university’s social media guidelines and are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with policies outlined in UCO’s Employee Handbook and/or Faculty Handbook.