Spring Break, March 13-17: Classes Canceled, Offices Closed:
The university is closed for spring break March 13-17. Normal operations resume March 20.
Rozilyn Miller, Ph.D.
Rozilyn Miller, Ph.D., serves as associate dean for the College of Liberal Arts. She is a tenured professor in the Department of Mass Communication.
Miller has served in multiple capacities at UCO: Speech/Drama/Debate Secondary Education Coordinator, Interim Core Curriculum Coordinator for the public speaking course; Mass Communication assistant chair and department chair; Leadership Minor director; and assistant and associate dean of the College of Liberal Arts.
In Miller’s early higher education career, she focused on creative activities related to theatre and coaching competitive interpretation and speaking events. Her research interests include creativity in classroom teaching, curriculum, inclusivity and leadership. She has presented at state, regional and national conferences.
Education and Certifications
- University of Oklahoma: Ph.D. in Instructional Leadership and Academic Curriculum
- Oklahoma State University: Master of Arts in Speech/Theatre
- University of Central Oklahoma: Bachelor of Arts in Oral Communications
- LEAD 2213 Theories of Leadership
- LEAD 3533 Women and Leadership
- LEAD 3631 Leadership and Immediacy Behaviors
- LEAD 4213 Ethics and Leadership
- LEAD 4893 Leadership Capstone
- LEAD 4950 Internship in Leadership
If you need to speak to me by phone, meet face-to-face, or meet virtually, we can make an appointment. Please contact me at email@example.com.
Honors and Awards
- 2019 Provost Award "Modeling the Way"
- 2019 Consensus Builder Award, UCO Executive Leadership Program 2018-2019
- 2008 Outstanding Service Award – UCO College of Liberal Arts
- 2003 Oklahoma Speech Theatre Communication Association Fred Tewell Outstanding College Communication Educator Award
- 2002 Outstanding Creative Activity Award 2002 – UCO College of Liberal Arts
- 2002 Outstanding Creative Activity Award 2002 – UCO Department of Communication
- 1994 National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development Teaching Excellence Award
The views expressed by UCO faculty and staff on their personal websites and social media pages do not necessarily reflect the positions of the University of Central Oklahoma. UCO faculty and staff are advised to follow the university’s social media guidelines and are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with policies outlined in UCO’s Employee Handbook and/or Faculty Handbook.