Dawn Pearce, Ph.D.
Dawn M. Pearce, Ph.D., is an assistant professor for the Education Leadership Program in the Department of Professional Studies. Pearce has more than 25 years of education experience with a diverse background that includes working in PK-12, higher education and nonprofit environments.
Pearce completed her undergraduate and graduate degrees from the University of Central Oklahoma and her Ph.D. in educational leadership and policy studies from Oklahoma State University.
Education and Certifications
- Ph.D. Educational Leadership and Policy Studies: Emphasis on Educational Administration, Oklahoma State University
- Dissertation Title: Social Connection of Students and Its Role in Blended Learning Environments
- M.S. Instructional Media: Emphasis in Applied Technology, University of Central Oklahoma
- B.S. Elementary Education: Endorsement: Kindergarten, University of Central Oklahoma
- OKSDE Superintendent
- OKSDE Elementary Principal
- OKSDE Elementary Education
- OKSDE Kindergarten
- OKSDE Library Media Specialist
- Learning Environment Design
- Oklahoma Online Teacher Certification
- School Business Management Levels I-IV
- Basic Project Management Certification
- GEAR UP Project Director, University of Oklahoma, K20 Center, Norman, OK
- Chief Information and Education Officer, Yukon Public Schools, Yukon, OK
- Director of Operations, Oklahoma A+ Schools, Edmond, OK
- Co-Director of Instructional Technology/Telecommunications, OK State Department of Education, OKC, OK
- Educational Technology Director, Oklahoma City Public Schools, OKC, OK
- Professional Development Coordinator, Oklahoma City Public Schools, OKC, OK
- Instructional Designer, University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond, OK
- Educator, K12 & Higher Education
The views expressed by UCO faculty and staff on their personal websites and social media pages do not necessarily reflect the positions of the University of Central Oklahoma. UCO faculty and staff are advised to follow the university’s social media guidelines and are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with policies outlined in UCO’s Employee Handbook and/or Faculty Handbook.