- Human physiology laboratory
Education and Certifications
- M.S. of Education in Biology 2011- With Honors- University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond, Oklahoma
- B.S. of Science, Biology 2007- Magna Cum Laude- University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond, Oklahoma
- Undergraduate, Associate of Physician Assistant 1995, Baden-Wurttemberg Chamber of Physician, Heidelberg, Germany
Honors and Awards
- Oklahoma Research Day 2011, Certification/award of Participation
- Certificate/award of volunteer at Mustang public schools 2008
- The National Scholars Honor Society, Magna Cum Laude, 2007
- Tri Beta, Biology Honor Society, life long member
- The Notional Dean’s List, awarded & published in the book, 2005 - 2006
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society award, and certification of chapter Alpha Theta Alpha 2002
- Instructor of Biology at the University of Central Oklahoma
STLR faculty, 2018 – present
Instructor, 2012 – present
- Substitute teacher at public schools
2008 – 2011
- PA and surgical assistant & expertise in blood and pathogenic works at the medical office, Heidelberg, Germany
1992 – 1996
Professional and Community Involvement
- Reviewer/evaluator of proposals/abstracts of the University of Central Oklahoma Collegium on College Teaching Practices for the Center for Excellence in Transformative Teaching and Learning, 2016/2017 – present
- Evaluate/grade the Capstone papers, 2015 – present
- Oklahoma regional science fair judge, 2017 – present
Research, Published Work, and Scholarly Activities
Caddell, G. M., K Cristoffel, C. Esqueda, A. Price, and S. Derakhshan. 2016. Vascular flora of Hafer Park, an urban park in Edmond, Oklahoma. Paper presented at the Oklahoma Academy of Science Technical Meeting, Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences, November 4, 2016.
Derakhshan. S., is acknowledged in the book of Vascular Flora of Hafer Park authored and published by Dr. Caddell, et.all.
Ovrebo, C. L., Lord, W. D., and Derakhshan, S. 2011. Using Commercial Mushrooms as Baits to Attract Insects and Other Invertebrates. Poster presented at the Cameron University, Lawton, Oklahoma.
Plant study/research, physiology and pathology, including behavioral biology/neurology.
The views expressed by UCO faculty and staff on their personal websites and social media pages do not necessarily reflect the positions of the University of Central Oklahoma. UCO faculty and staff are advised to follow the university’s social media guidelines and are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with policies outlined in UCO’s Employee Handbook and/or Faculty Handbook.