- BIO - 1114 General Biology
- BIO - 2604L Human physiology laboratory
- BIO - 1211 University Life Sciences Lab
Education and Certifications
- M.S. of Education in Biology 2011- With Honors- University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond, Oklahoma
- B.S. of Science, Biology 2007- Magna Cum Laude- University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond, Oklahoma
- Undergraduate, Associate of Physician Assistant 1995, Baden-Wurttemberg Chamber of Physician, Heidelberg, Germany
Honors and Awards
- Oklahoma Research Day 2011, Certification/award of Research Presentation
- Certificate/award of volunteer at Mustang Public Schools, 2008
- The National Scholars Honor Society, Magna Cum Laude, 2007
- Tri Beta, Biology Honor Society, life-long member
- The National Dean’s List, awarded and published in 2005-06 book
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society award, and certification of chapter Alpha Theta Alpha, 2002
- 2012 - present, Instructor of Biology and STLR faculty (since 2019) at the University of Central Oklahoma
- 2008-12, Substitute teacher at Mustang Public Schools
- 1992-96, Dermatology PA and surgical assistant and expertise in blood works and pathogenic treatments, Heidelberg, Germany
Professional and Community Involvement
- 2016-19, Reviewed/scored the proposals abstracts of UCO collegium on college teaching and practices, CETTL
- 2015 - present, Evaluate/grade the undergraduate Capstone papers
- 2017-19, Oklahoma regional science fair judge
- 2017-18, Support staff for horticulture club
- 2015, Volunteered at Selman Living Laboratory and in the bat cave
- 2005-08, Book sales volunteer at Friends of the Metropolitan Library System
- 2004, Volunteered and raised funds for March of Dime event
Research, Published Work, and Scholarly Activities
Caddell, G. M., K Cristoffel, C. Esqueda, A. Price, and S. Derakhshan. 2016. Vascular flora of Hafer Park, an urban park in Edmond, Oklahoma. Paper presented at the Oklahoma Academy of Science Technical Meeting, Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences, November 4, 2016.
Derakhshan. S., is acknowledged in the book of Vascular Flora of Hafer Park authored and published by Dr. Caddell, et.all.
Ovrebo, C. L., Lord, W. D., and Derakhshan, S. 2011. Using Commercial Mushrooms as Baits to Attract Insects and Other Invertebrates. Poster presented at the Cameron University, Lawton, Oklahoma.
I am interested in science, meaning it is not just one aspect, but I am interested in plants, physiology, medicine, pathology, neurology, forensics and genetics. My field of research involved plants, and I love nature. I like studying plants and their medicinal properties and effects on human diseases. In the medical field, I examined human physiology, and pathology, and treated diseases. Therefore, I like studying the body's systems and disorders, as well as how to treat them. My interest in neurology and behavioral biology is endless, and they embrace my other interested study subject, "genetics."
The views expressed by UCO faculty and staff on their personal websites and social media pages do not necessarily reflect the positions of the University of Central Oklahoma. UCO faculty and staff are advised to follow the university’s social media guidelines and are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with policies outlined in UCO’s Employee Handbook and/or Faculty Handbook.