Director Emergency Mgmt
As the first full-time emergency manager for an institution of higher education in the state of Oklahoma, Norman coordinates all response and recovery efforts following incidents that occur on campus, as well as the training, mitigation, and preparedness efforts before an incident happens. Norman is an Oklahoma Certified Emergency Manager (OCEM), a certified NIMS/ICS Instructor, and a certified Campus/Community Emergency Response Team instructor. He is also a certified ALiCE Institute (Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter, Evacuate) instructor. Norman's favorite part about his job is being able to bring together two of his passions - working with college students and disaster preparedness. He is an alumnus of the University of North Texas and completed his Master of Public Administration at Central. Norman also is an adjunct instructor at Central.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor of Arts in History and Spanish, University of North Texas
- Bachelor of Science in Emergency Administration and Planning, University of North Texas
- Master of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies, University of North Texas
- Master of Public Administration, University of Central Oklahoma
- Oklahoman Certified Emergency Manager (OCEM)
The views expressed by UCO faculty and staff on their personal websites and social media pages do not necessarily reflect the positions of the University of Central Oklahoma. UCO faculty and staff are advised to follow the university’s social media guidelines and are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with policies outlined in UCO’s Employee Handbook and/or Faculty Handbook.