Tawni Holmes, Ph.D.
Tawni Holmes, Ph.D., is a registered dietitian, professor and DPD director in the HES department at UCO where she has been teaching nutrition/dietetics since 2004. She incorporates many service-learning projects and transformative experiences in her courses and encourages and mentors students to participate in undergraduate research projects in the area of wellness, community nutrition, sports nutrition and sustainability. She serves as the advisor for the Food Recovery Network student organization.
NTRN 1413 – Personal Nutrition
NTRN 1513 – Introduction to Nutrition
NTRN 3633 – Life Span Nutrition
NTRN 3863 – Community Nutrition
NTRN 3723 -Nutrition Education
NTRN 4034 (5910) – Medical Nutrition Therapy
NTRN 4394 – Advanced Nutrition
NTRN 5422- Sports Nutrition for the Professional
Education and Certifications
Doctor of Philosophy, Nutritional Sciences. Oklahoma State University, December 2000.
Master of Science, Nutritional Sciences. Oklahoma State University, December, 1993.
Approved Pre-professional Practice Program (AP4) in Dietetics, Oklahoma State University, 1993.
Bachelor of Science, Nutritional Sciences. Minor: General Business. Oklahoma State University May, 1992.
Registered with the Commission on Dietetic Registration, member no. 805964. 10/93 - present.
Licensed with the Oklahoma State Board of Medical Licensure and Supervision, 10/92 – 12/00; 11/05 -present
Honors and Awards
- Service Learning Scholars, 2017
- STLR Training 2015, STLR Department Ambassador 2017-present
- CEPS Vanderford Award for Teaching, University of Central Oklahoma, 2014
- Neely Excellence in Teaching, University of Central Oklahoma, 2014
- Outstanding Professors’ Academy 2014-1015.
- YMCA Service to Youth Award - 2012
- Faculty Merit Credit Award in the area of Service. 2011-2012.
- Oklahoma Dietetic Association Outstanding Educator in Didactic Program in Dietetics, 2006
- Outstanding Full-Time Professor, 2002-2003, 2003-2004 Department of Nutrition and Food Science, San Jose State University; elected by students.
Professional and Community Involvement
Advisory Committee for Oklahoma Licensure, State Board of Medical Licensure, Chair 2019-
Mobile Meals Board of Directors 2012-2017; Vice President 2014-2015
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics member, 1993- present
Oklahoma Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics member, 10/92-12/00.; 2004- present; Public Relations, Chair 2008-2009; Chair-Elect 2007-2008.
The views expressed by UCO faculty and staff on their personal websites and social media pages do not necessarily reflect the positions of the University of Central Oklahoma. UCO faculty and staff are advised to follow the university’s social media guidelines and are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with policies outlined in UCO’s Employee Handbook and/or Faculty Handbook.