Manager Project Mgmt PMO
As an IT Project Manager in the UCO Project Management Office (PMO), she oversees technical requirements from initiation through delivery, develops positive working relationships with internal and external team members, and gathers required data from end-users to evaluate objectives, goals, and scope to create technical specifications. She serves as a liaison between technical and non-technical departments to ensure that all targets and requirements are met, generates a positive perception of the Office of Information Technology, ensures projects remain on schedule and within budget, deescalates and resolves project conflict, manages vendors, and keeps leadership informed of key issues that may impact project completion, budget, or other results. In collaboration with Architectural & Engineering Services, she supports technology integration requirements for capital construction projects for network infrastructure, AV multimedia, and safety and security. She reports to the Project Management Office within the Office of Information Technology.
Education and Certifications
Master of Education with Honors - Educational Administration
University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond, OK - December 2007
Bachelor of Science - Elementary Education with Special Endorsements in Mathematics and Social Studies
Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK - July 1994
Associate of Science - Business Administration
Northern Oklahoma College, Tonkawa, OK - May 1991
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Superintendent Certification (PK-12)
- Secondary Principal Certification
- Elementary Principal Certification
- Intermediate Mathematics Certification (6-12)
- Middle School Endorsements: Math and Social Studies (7-8)
- Teacher Certification in Elementary Education
As an educator for more than twenty years, I have developed strong organizational leadership skills with an excellent ability in using critical thinking as a problem solver. My journey includes ten years of combined administrative experiences as Director of Student Services, Title IX Coordinator, IT Project Manager, Technology Coordinator, Substitute Coordinator and Trainer, and twelve years as a Classroom Teacher. Currently, I manage cross-functional projects ensuring IT integration with capital construction projects for the University of Central Oklahoma. Through planning, developing, and implementing project plans consistent with project objectives, financial parameters and business requirements; I provide guidance as necessary to other team members with the goal of process improvement and overall project management quality. I am firm, fair, consistent, and calm in making decisions.
Honors and Awards
UCO Annual Exceptional Performance Award - Fall 2018
- Award for outstanding contribution to the University in areas of Impact, Effectiveness, Innovation and Significance during FY 2018.
2018-2019 Leadership UCO (LUCO) Class 15 Participant
- LUCO 15 will focus on five key areas including self-development, leadership, communication, group dynamics and strategic thinking and problem-solving. Our group will complete the ULEAD Challenge Course at the UCO OAR Boathouse, volunteer at two local nonprofits and develop a solution for the capstone project identified by Staff Senate.
Professional and Community Involvement
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Member
- Leading not-for-profit professional membership association for the project management profession
- Local PMI Oklahoma City Chapter Member
- UCO Back-to-School and Various Campus Events
- American Heart Association – 1995 to Present; raise funds and participate in annual Heart Walk in memory of my Niece
- Donations to St Jude Children's Research
- Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma Volunteer
The views expressed by UCO faculty and staff on their personal websites and social media pages do not necessarily reflect the positions of the University of Central Oklahoma. UCO faculty and staff are advised to follow the university’s social media guidelines and are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with policies outlined in UCO’s Employee Handbook and/or Faculty Handbook.