Lilian Chooback, Ph.D.
Biochemistry I and II and Experimental Biochemistry
Research, Published Work, and Scholarly Activities
1. Identification of 2, 3-dihydrodipicolinate as the product of the dihydrodipicolinate synthase reaction from Escherichia coli. William E. Karsten, Susan A. Nimmo, Jianguo Liu, Lilian Chooback Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics 653 · June 2018 DOI: 10.1016/j.abb.2018.06.011
2. Karsten, W.E., Nimo, S., Liu, J., Chooback, L. (2018) Identification of 2,3-dihydrodipicolinate as the product of the dihydrodipicolinate synthase from Escherichia coli, Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics: 653, 50-62
3. Chooback, L., Thomas, L.M., Karsten, W.E., Fleming, C.D., Seabourn, P. (2017) Kinetic, Spectral and Structural Characterization of the Slow Binding Inhibitor Acetopyruvate and allosteric inhibitor lysine with Dihydrodicpicolinate Synthase from Escherichia coli. Protein Data Bank, ID 5T26
4. Chooback, L., Thomas, L.M., Karsten, W.E., Fleming, C.D., Seabourn, P. (2017) Kinetic, Spectral and Structural Characterization of the Slow Binding Inhibitor Acetopyruvate with Dihydrodicpicolinate Synthase from Escherichia coli. Protein Data Bank, ID 5T25
5. Daghutry, Y., Evans, R., and Chooback, L. (2016) Cloning and expression of E.coli dihydrodipicolinate reductase. PLOS ONE, http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0146525
6. Chen, Y., Anwuli, A., Chooback, L. (2014) Potato Catalase Enzyme Kinetics: A Simple Experimental Method. Journal of Undergraduate Research: 1, 32-35
7. Karsten, W.E., Reyes, R., Bobyk, K.D., Cook, P.F., and Chooback, L. (2011) Kinetics and Spectral Characterization of an Aromatic Aminotransferasee from Sacchromyces cerevisiae. Archives of biochemistry and biophysics 516(1): 67-74.
8. Zhang, L., Chooback, L. and Cook, P.F. (1999) Lysine 183 is the general base in the 6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase-catalysed reaction. Biochemistry 38(35): 11231-11238
9. Karsten, W.E., Chooback, L., Liu, D., Hawang, C-C, Lynch, C. and Cook, P.F. (1998) Mapping the active Site Topology of the NAD-Malic Enzyme via Site-Directed Mutagenesis. Biochemistry 38(32): 10527-10532
10. Karsten, W.E., Chooback, L. and Cook, P.F. (1998) Glutamate 190 is a general acid catalyst in the 6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase catalyzed reaction. Biochemistry 37(45): 15691-15697
11. Chooback, L., Price, N.E., Karsten, W.E., Nelson< J., Sundstrom, P.R., and Cook, P.F. (1998) Cloning, Expression, Purification, and Characterization of the 6-Phosphogluconate Dehydrogenase from Sheep Liver. Protein Expression and Purification 13: 251-258
12. Chooback, L., Karsten, W.E., Kulkarni, G., Nalabolu, S.R., Harris, B.G., and Cook, P.F. (1997) Expression, Purification, and Characterization of the Recombinant NAD-Malic Enzyme from Ascaris suum. Protein Expression and Puification 10: 51-54
13. Zahran, Z., Chooback, L., Copeland, D. and Richter-Addo, G. (2008) Molecular Structures of Manganese Reconstituted Myoglobin Complexed with Nitrite, Azide, Methanol and Nitric Oxide. Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry 102(2): 216-233
14. Chooback, L. and West, A.H. (2003) Co-crystallization of yeast phosphorelay protein YPD1 with SLN1 response-regulator domain and preliminary X-ray diffraction analysis. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 59 (Pt5): 927-929.
15. Liu, T., Mirschberger, C., Chooback, L., Arana, Q., Sacco, Z.D., MacWilliams, H. and Clark, M. (2002) Altered expression of the 100 kDa subunit of the Dictyostelium vasculor proton pump impairs enzyme assembly, endocytic function and cytosolic pH regulation. J. Cell Science 115: 1907-1918
16. Rebeil, R., Chooback, L., Pedraza-Reyes, M., Kinsland, C., Begley, T.P. and Nicholson, W.L. (1998) Spore photoproduct lyase from Bacillus subtilis spore is a novel iron-sulfur DNA repair enzyme which shares features with protein such as class III anaerobic ribonucleotide reductases and pyruvate-formate lyases. Journal of Bacteriology 180(18): 4879-4885
17. Li, G., Chooback, L., Wolfe, J.T., Rook, A.H., Felix, C.A., Lessin, S.R. and Salhany, K.E. (1998) Overexpression of p53 protein in cutaneous T cell lymphoma: relationship to large cell transformation and disease progression. Journal of investigative Dermatology 110(5): 576-570
Enzyme kinetics, Structural Biology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Drug design
The views expressed by UCO faculty and staff on their personal websites and social media pages do not necessarily reflect the positions of the University of Central Oklahoma. UCO faculty and staff are advised to follow the university’s social media guidelines and are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with policies outlined in UCO’s Employee Handbook and/or Faculty Handbook.