Counselor Mental Health
Patricia Topp is a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) and Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC), as well as a National Certified Counselor (NCC). Topp has more than a decade of experience in addiction and trauma treatment in outpatient and residential settings. Topp came to UCO in 2022 to reconnect with campus life and use skills to provide education, prevention and treatment to the student population. Her husband is a proud UCO mechanical engineering alumnus. She is excited to develop her own connection to UCO by serving its students at the Center for Counseling and Well-being.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelors of Science - Psychology 2007 - University of New Mexico
- Masters of Education - Applied Behavioral Studies- Professional Counseling - 2011 - Oklahoma City University
- Licensed Professional Counselor (Board Approved Clinical Supervisor)- 2013
- Licensed Alcohol & Drug Counselor (Board Approved Clinical Supervisor) - 2013
- National Certified Counselor - 2015
I'm an avid reader of books and comics- my favorite genres are fantasy, historical fiction, psychological thrillers. I live for true crime, lore, psychology podcasts, and have even contributed to a few. I also enjoy creative writing and one of my bucket list items is to write a novel. My husband and I have two rambunctious pups- a husky and a beagle that fill our weekends with their shenanigans.
The views expressed by UCO faculty and staff on their personal websites and social media pages do not necessarily reflect the positions of the University of Central Oklahoma. UCO faculty and staff are advised to follow the university’s social media guidelines and are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with policies outlined in UCO’s Employee Handbook and/or Faculty Handbook.