Employee Relations Spec
Jill is a young professional who cares about people, leadership and higher ed. From PR to HR, she feels the most drawn to building relationships with people in an effort to accomplish bigger and better things, together. She aspires to learn daily and expand her skillset as much as possible through work experience and education. She is passionate about empowering people to succeed and making the world a better place one step at a time. Her top five strengths, according to StrengthsQuest, are: Developer, Belief, Connectedness, Responsibility and Empathy. She is an ISFJ and her most common descriptors are reliable, organized, loyal, caring and eager to learn.
Education and Certifications
B.S. Organizational Leadership, Cum Laude, University of Central Oklahoma (2018)
A.A. Diversified Studies, Oklahoma City Community College (2011)
A.A.S. Graphic Communications, Oklahoma City Community College (2010)
Employee Relations Specialist, University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond, OK
- Execute employee appreciation events. Manage exit/transfer interview process. Manage routine engagement and employee outreach programs. Promote employee events, programs and resources.
Communications Associate & Community Outreach Coordinator, NewView Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK
October 2018-January 2019
- Assist in organizational communication and storytelling.
- Build and maintain community relationships.
- Manage organization's digital platforms.
Public Relations Specialist, Oklahoma City Community College, Oklahoma City, OK
July 2015-September 2018
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of college news releases, provide copy writing for publications and the web site, assist in event planning and promotion, occasionally serve as a photographer for campus events, assist with layout of routine college publications, track and analyze print and broadcast media coverage, monitor and manage college social media channels, creating social media content and engaging users, and develop social media campaigns for college programs and events.
Programs Assistant for Student Life, Oklahoma City Community College, Oklahoma City, OK
May 2014-July 2015
- Assist in coordinating, planning and promoting Student Life events and programs.
- Create publications and promotional materials for display and distribution.
- Assist with managing and maintaining partner agency relationships.
- Mentor students involved in service-learning programs.
Live-In Family Nanny, Pienaar Family, Arlington, VA
July 2013-April 2014
- Responsible for the care and discipline of two young children.
- Coordination of school and extracurricular activities, meals, and transportation daily.
Master Teller, Republic Bank & Trust, Norman, OK
August 2011-December 2012
- Handle banking transactions such as deposits, withdrawals, transfers, check-cashing, etc.
- Assist Operations Manager with balancing of drawers and vaults.
- Conduct weekly teller meetings.
- Maintain customer relationships.
Image Editor World Web Industries, Murfreesboro, TN
June 2011-July 2011
- Edit schematic images of products in Adobe Photoshop for website usage.
Peer Advisor Oklahoma City Community College, Oklahoma City, OK
May 2009-May 2011
- Assist new students with selecting class schedule.
- Teach new students how to utilize MineOnline and student email.
- Assist with office maintenance and clerical duties
Professional and Community Involvement
Young Nonnprofit Professional Network (2018 - Present)
Public Relations Society of America (2018)
National Council for Marketing and Public Relations, Member (2017 - 2018)
Oklahoma College Public Relations Association, Member (2015 - 2018)
Walk to End Alzheimer’s Committee, Volunteer Co-Chair (2014, 2015)
Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma Volunteer (2014 - Present)
Honors and Awards
Oklahoma College Public Relations Association, Achievement Award for Small Brochure (2017)
Oklahoma College Public Relations Association, Achievement Award for Newsletter (2017)
National Council for Marketing and Public Relations, District 4 Rising Star Award (2017)
National Council for Marketing and Public Relations, Bronze Medallion Award for Digital/Electronic Media (2017)
Oklahoma College Public Relations Association, Achievement Award, Events/Promotion (2018)
Oklahoma College Public Relations Association, Achievement Award for Shoe String (2018)
Oklahoma College Public Relations Association, Honorable Mention for Small Brochure (2018)
The views expressed by UCO faculty and staff on their personal websites and social media pages do not necessarily reflect the positions of the University of Central Oklahoma. UCO faculty and staff are advised to follow the university’s social media guidelines and are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with policies outlined in UCO’s Employee Handbook and/or Faculty Handbook.