Thanh Tran, Ph.D.
Thanh Tran, Ph.D., is a professor of marketing in the College of Business at the University of Central Oklahoma (UCO), where he has been a faculty member since 2009.
His research interests include marketing strategies, analytical modeling, dynamic optimal control, and game theory. He has been teaching a variety of marketing courses, including international marketing, marketing research, and principles of marketing.
Tran has been serving as the faculty advisor for many undergraduate research projects, which are supported by the UCO Research, Creative and Scholarly Activities (RCSA) Grants. He also serves as the faculty advisor to the UCO Vietnamese Student Association and is a board member and the marketing/PR chair of the Asian Health Coalition, a nonprofit organization providing information and health care services to the Oklahoma City community.
Education and Certifications
- Ph.D., Marketing, University of Central Florida (2009)
- M.A., Management and Marketing, University of Warsaw, Poland (1998)
- M.Sc. in Industrial Biotechnology, Warsaw University of Technology, Poland (1997)
Research, Published Work, and Scholarly Activities
- Tran, T., Gurnani, H., Desiraju, R. (in press). Optimal Design of Returns Policies. Marketing Science. http://pubsonline.informs.org/journal/mksc
- Tran, T., Desiraju, R. (2017). Group-buying and channel coordination under asymmetric information. European Journal of Operational Research, 256, 68-75. http://www.journals.elsevier.com/european‐journal‐of‐operational‐research/
- Tran, T., Yoon, K., Genchev, S. (2016). Lump sum versus pay-as-you-go: The moderating effect of contract types on the optimal logistics decisions. Managerial and Decision Economics. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1099-1468
- Desiraju, R., Tran, T. (2014). In Ding, Eliashberg and Stremersch (Ed.), Spillovers and other externalities in Pharmaceutical Marketing (pp. 673-700). New York: Springer. http://www.springer.com/series/6164
- Yoon, K., Tran, T. (2011). Revisiting the Relationship between Consumer Loyalty and Price Sensitivity: The Moderating Role of Deal Proneness, Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, Volume 19, Number 3 (Fall 2011)
- Yoon, K, Tran, T. (2011). Capturing Consumer Heterogeneity in Loyalty Evolution Patterns, Management Research Review, Volume 34 Issue 6
Honors and Awards
- Neely Excellence in Teaching Award (2015)
- eLearning Excellence Award (2013)
- McGraw-Hill ACME Distinguished Paper Award (2010)
- Student Fellow, Theory Rich Marketing Modeling Workshop, Duke University (2007)
- Consortium Fellow, AMA Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium, Arizona State University (2007)
Principles of Marketing
The views expressed by UCO faculty and staff on their personal websites and social media pages do not necessarily reflect the positions of the University of Central Oklahoma. UCO faculty and staff are advised to follow the university’s social media guidelines and are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with policies outlined in UCO’s Employee Handbook and/or Faculty Handbook.