Campus buildings reopened to the public effective July 1. Services are available virtually or by appointment only. Visitors should reach out to individual departments regarding appointments. Masks and social distancing are required while on campus. To learn more about current operations, view the university's summer reopening plan.
Thanh Tran, Ph.D.
Thanh Tran is the associate dean of the College of Business at the University of Central Oklahoma (UCO). Prior to his appointment as associate dean, he served as a faculty member of the marketing department at UCO. Tran holds a combined bachelor’s and master’s in industrial biotechnology from Warsaw University of Technology, a master’s in management and marketing from the University of Warsaw and a doctorate in marketing from the University of Central Florida. His research interests include marketing strategies, analytical modeling, dynamic optimal control, and game theory. His research has been published in top business journals, such as Marketing Science, the European Journal of Operational Research, and Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice. Tran has received many awards, including the 2018 College of Business Excellence in Research Award, the 2015 Neely Excellence in Teaching Award, the 2013 eLearning Excellence Award, and the 2010 McGraw-Hill Irwin Distinguished Paper Award, among others. He also serves as a board member and public relations director of the Asian Health Coalition of Oklahoma City.
Education and Certifications
- Ph.D., Marketing, University of Central Florida (2009)
- M.A., Management and Marketing, University of Warsaw, Poland (1998)
- M.Sc. in Industrial Biotechnology, Warsaw University of Technology, Poland (1997)
Research, Published Work, and Scholarly Activities
- Tran, T., Gurnani, H., Desiraju, R. (in press). Optimal Design of Returns Policies. Marketing Science. http://pubsonline.informs.org/journal/mksc
- Tran, T., Desiraju, R. (2017). Group-buying and channel coordination under asymmetric information. European Journal of Operational Research, 256, 68-75. http://www.journals.elsevier.com/european‐journal‐of‐operational‐research/
- Tran, T., Yoon, K., Genchev, S. (2016). Lump sum versus pay-as-you-go: The moderating effect of contract types on the optimal logistics decisions. Managerial and Decision Economics. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1099-1468
- Desiraju, R., Tran, T. (2014). In Ding, Eliashberg and Stremersch (Ed.), Spillovers and other externalities in Pharmaceutical Marketing (pp. 673-700). New York: Springer. http://www.springer.com/series/6164
- Yoon, K., Tran, T. (2011). Revisiting the Relationship between Consumer Loyalty and Price Sensitivity: The Moderating Role of Deal Proneness, Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, Volume 19, Number 3 (Fall 2011)
- Yoon, K, Tran, T. (2011). Capturing Consumer Heterogeneity in Loyalty Evolution Patterns, Management Research Review, Volume 34 Issue 6
Honors and Awards
- Neely Excellence in Teaching Award (2015)
- eLearning Excellence Award (2013)
- McGraw-Hill ACME Distinguished Paper Award (2010)
- Student Fellow, Theory Rich Marketing Modeling Workshop, Duke University (2007)
- Consortium Fellow, AMA Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium, Arizona State University (2007)
Principles of Marketing
The views expressed by UCO faculty and staff on their personal websites and social media pages do not necessarily reflect the positions of the University of Central Oklahoma. UCO faculty and staff are advised to follow the university’s social media guidelines and are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with policies outlined in UCO’s Employee Handbook and/or Faculty Handbook.