The UCO campus is closed Friday, July 3, in observance of the Fourth of July. Operations will resume Monday, July 6.
Campus buildings reopened to the public effective July 1. Services are available virtually or by appointment only. Visitors should reach out to individual departments regarding appointments. Masks and social distancing are required while on campus. To learn more about current operations, view the university's summer reopening plan.
As a Staff Photographer for the University of Central Oklahoma, Lauren has a unique opportunity to showcase Central through visual storytelling every day. As a UCO alumna, with a photographic arts degree, Lauren is proud to be a Broncho. During her time as a Central student, she interned at the Oklahoma Gazette and received an award for her excellence in photojournalism. Lauren is an ardent traveler, having lived in Minas Gerais, Brazil, where she became proficient in Brazilian Portuguese.
Education and Certifications
The University of Central Oklahoma
- Bachelor of Art in Mass Communications - Photographic Arts
Oklahoma State University
- Associate of Science in Enterprise Development
University of Central Oklahoma
- Staff Photographer December 2014-Present
- Student Photographer September 2013-December 2014
The Oklahoma Gazette
- Photography Intern May 2014 – August 2014
YMCA of Greater Oklahoma City- YMCA Camp Classen
- Photographer May 2010 – August 2012
Honors and Awards
University of Central Oklahoma Mass Communications
- Photojournalism Award - 2014
Oklahoma College Public Relations Association
- Excellence Award - Digitally Enhanced Photo - 2017
- Grand Award - Traditional Sports Photo - 2018
Society of Professional Journalists Oklahoma Pro Chapter
- Second Place - Public Relations - Annual Report 2018
Professional and Community Involvement
- Personnel Policies and Compensation Committee 2017-18
University Photographers’ Association of America
- Member 2016 - Present
The views expressed by UCO faculty and staff on their personal websites and social media pages do not necessarily reflect the positions of the University of Central Oklahoma. UCO faculty and staff are advised to follow the university’s social media guidelines and are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with policies outlined in UCO’s Employee Handbook and/or Faculty Handbook.