Leeda Copley is an associate professor in the Department of Sociology, Gerontology and Substance Abuse Studies. She was born in Ohio and moved to Oklahoma to take a faculty position with UCO in 2010. All majors in the department will take their capstone class, Sociological Research, with Copley. The highlight of her year is getting to teach her own curricular creation, The Sociology of Monsters. Not surprisingly, then, she spends a lot of her personal time watching movies, listening to old-time radio and playing with her three cats.
Education and Certifications
- Ph.D. in Ageing Studies, 2017, Swansea University.
- A.B.D. in Sociology, 2007-12, The Ohio State University.
- M.A. in Sociology, 2005, The Ohio State University.
- B.A. with Honors in the Liberal Arts and Distinction for Sociology, 2003, The Ohio State University.
- B.A. with Honors in the Liberal Arts for History, 2003, The Ohio State University.
- Blueprint to Sociology (UCOL 1112)
- Sociology (SOC 2103)
- Human Sexuality (SOC 2113)
- Sociological Research (SOC 4773/5773)
- Sociology of Monsters (SOC 4910)
- Gerontology Research (GERO 5823)
- Sociology of Gender (SOC 4523/5063)
- Sociology of Health and Medicine (SOC 3303)
"If you're teaching today what you were teaching five years ago, either the field is dead or you are." — Noam Chomsky
The views expressed by UCO faculty and staff on their personal websites and social media pages do not necessarily reflect the positions of the University of Central Oklahoma. UCO faculty and staff are advised to follow the university’s social media guidelines and are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with policies outlined in UCO’s Employee Handbook and/or Faculty Handbook.