UCO COVID-19 protocols remain in place for the spring 2021 semester. Masks are required on campus when around others.
Important resources: COVID-19 Testing | Report Exposure/Positive Test | On-Campus Vaccine Clinic | COVID-19 Vaccination Self-Reporting | Virtual services | COVID-19 website
Brandt Cassidy, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Forensic Science Institute and Biology
University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond, OK
Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa - B.S. - Biology, 1980
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas - Ph.D. - Pharmacology, 1987
FBI Quality Assurance Standards Auditor Training 2016-
CAP Proficiency Testing Program 1998-2019
CTS Proficiency Testing Program 2002-2019
Wildlife Forensic Mammals Proficiency Test 2012-
American Association of Blood Banks (Accredited) 2005-
ANAB ISO17025 Accredited 2010-
Cert. Lab. Director – New York State Department of Health, 2011-
Listed Expert Witness, Thomson Reuters 2012
- DNA Solutions Forensic Technical Leader 2016-2018
- Laboratory Director for Human Relationship Testing, 2007-2018
- Director of Operations, DNA Solutions, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 1999-2018
- President, CEO, Chief Science Officer of Ardmore Biological Analysis, Inc., 1998-1999
- Adjunct Assistant Professor - Department of Plant Pathology, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma, 1995-1998
- Assistant Staff Scientist, Plant Biology Division, The Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation, Inc. Ardmore, Oklahoma, 1992-1997
- Postdoctoral Fellow - The Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation, Inc., Ardmore, Oklahoma, Plant Biology Division, 1989-1992
- Postdoctoral Fellow - Department of Agronomy and Range Science, University of California, Davis, California, 1987-1989
- Research Technician II - Department of Pharmacology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, 1980-1982
Professional and Community Involvement
Professional Organization Memberships
American Association for the Advancement of Science 1983-
Biology/DNA Scientific Area Committee’s (SAC’s) member 2015-
Wildlife Forensics Subcommittee within the Organization of Scientific Area Committees (OSAC)
Association of Forensic DNA Analysts and Administrators 2000-
American Association of Blood Banks 2007-
- AABB Relationship Testing Accreditation
- Program Unit (RTAPU) Member, 2016-
American Medical Forensic Specialists, Inc. Listed 2007-
Society for Wildlife Forensic Science 2010-
- Director of Communications 2012-
International Society for Animal Genetics 1998-2015
The Wildlife Society 2005-2013
University of Central Oklahoma, Advisory Board Member 2006-2013
- Forensic Science Curriculum
Moore/Norman Technology Center, Biotechnology Advisory
- Board Member 2006-
Oklahoma City Community College, Bioinformatics Advisory
- Board Member 2007-2008
- Southwestern Working Group on DNA Analysis Methods 1998-2000
- Human Identification Trade Association 1997-2000
Research, Published Work, and Scholarly Activities
“Validation of BulletProof probabilistic genotyping software for the interpretation of complex DNA mixtures” Association of DNA Analysts and Administrators, Houston, TX, August 3, 2018.
“A Different Kind of Casework: When It Has Antlers” 70th Annual American Academy of Forensic Sciences scientific meeting, February 22, 2018, Seattle, WA.
“Forensic Biology Under the Microscope” 70th Annual American Academy of Forensic Sciences scientific meeting, February 23, 2018, Seattle, WA.
“What happens to evidence when it goes for DNA testing?” International Association of Bloodstain Pattern Analysts, September 25, 2017, Redondo Beach, CA.
“Developing a Specialized Workflow Using the Quantiplex HYres Kit to Assess Human Remain Samples” 5th Qiagen International Investigator Forum, June 14-16, 2016 Miami, FL.
“Developing a Specialized Workflow to Assess Human Remains Samples” Association of DNA Analysts and Administrators, Dallas, TX, July 14, 2016.
“The Power of PowerPlex Fusion and Y23 Systems” Promega Technology Tour, Austin, TX, July 13, 2016.
“Research, Recovery, Identification, and Repatriation: The Lost Graves of Tarawa; DNA Testing Procedures and Summary” American Society of Forensic Odontology, 46th Annual Scientific Session, Las Vegas Nevada, February 23, 2016
“The Power of PowerPlex Fusion and Y23 Systems” Promega Technology Tour, Oklahoma City, OK September 24, 2015.
“Forensics on the Wild Side” Association of DNA Analysts and Administrators, Dallas, TX, July 30, 2015.
“Unique Identification of Hippotragus species using Next Generation Sequencing”, Society for Wildlife Forensic Science Meeting Missoula, MT June 25, 2015.
“Animal Forensics, The Silent Witness” Keynote Speaker at the 2014 Foshan DNA Forensic Science Forum, Foshan, China May 2014.
“Got DNA?” Drug and Alcohol Testing Industry Association Annual Convention, Orlando, FL April 11, 2013.
“The Chemistry of Life: The Answer is in Your DNA” American Society of Clinical Laboratory Science, Integris Baptist Hospital, Oklahoma City, OK April 13, 2012.
“Decoding your DNA” The Forensic Science Institute, University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond, OK, April 3, 2012.
“Animals Gone Wild” Association of Forensic DNA Analysts and Administrators, Austin, Texas February 3, 2012.
The views expressed by UCO faculty and staff on their personal websites and social media pages do not necessarily reflect the positions of the University of Central Oklahoma. UCO faculty and staff are advised to follow the university’s social media guidelines and are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with policies outlined in UCO’s Employee Handbook and/or Faculty Handbook.