Due to forecasted winter weather, the UCO campus will be closed Wednesday, Feb. 1. All offices will be closed and all classes are canceled.
Manoshi Samaraweera, Ph.D.
Manoshi Samaraweera, Ph.D., is interested in finding ways by which we can enhance the performance salespeople, who are the primary revenue generators of a company.
Education and Certifications
- Ph.D. Marketing, University of Houston
- B.Sc. Agri. Economics and Business Management, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
- Professional Selling
- Marketing Research
- Social Media Marketing
- Principles of Marketing (online and in-ground)
Office Hours: Mondays and Wednesdays (online 9-11 a.m.; in office 11 a.m.-noon)
Research, Published Work, and Scholarly Activities
- Pappas, Alec, Wyatt Schrock, Manoshi Samaraweera and Willy Bolander (forthcoming), "A Competitive Path to Cohesion: Multilevel Effects of Competitiveness in the Sales Force", Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management
- Manoshi Samaraweera, Betsy D. Gelb, Willy Bolander & William J. Zahn
(2023), “Treating top salespeople like superstars: the role of an informal
sales climate in boosting sales output”, Journal of Personal Selling &
Sales Management, DOI: 10.1080/08853134.2022.2138901
- Samaraweera, Manoshi, Jeanetta Sims and Dini Homsey (2021), "Will a green color and nature images make consumers pay more for a green product?", Journal of Consumer Marketing, 38 (5), pp. 305-312. https://doi.org/10.1108/JCM-04-2020-3771
- Samaraweera, Manoshi and Betsy D. Gelb (2015), “Formal Salesforce Controls and Revenue Production: a Meta-Analysis”, Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management, 35(1), pp. 23-32. https://doi.org/10.1080/08853134.2014.977796
- Received JPSSM’s Marvin Jolson Award for Best Contribution to Selling and Sales Management Practice
- Brown, Steven P., Manoshi Samaraweera and William Zahn (2011), “On the Use of Organizational Climate in Sales Force Research”, Oxford Handbook of Strategic Sales and Sales Management, Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Samaraweera, Manoshi and Betsy D. Gelb (2011), “Wringing More Value from Advertising Dollars”, Journal of Business Strategy, 32(6), pp. 24-29. https://doi.org/10.1108/02756661111180104
Conference Presentations (Selected)
- Generating Greater Dollar Revenue from Customer Entertainment (with Gordon Gray, Stacia Wert-Gray, and Bob Kaiser), presented at the 2018 Winter AMA Conference.
- - Company Accounts on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn: Do they Impact Profitability? (with Zihao Wang)
- Is there a Relationship between Executive’s LinkedIn Connections and Stock Prices? (with Faria Badhan)
Presented at the 2015 ISMS Marketing Science Conference. Both presentations were made by the undergraduate students who worked with me on the research projects.
- Look ‘Green’: Using Font Color & Symbols to Boost Perceived Environmental Friendliness (with Jeanetta Sims), presented at the 2012 ISMS Marketing Science Conference.
Honors and Awards
- Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management's Marvin Jolson Award for Best Contribution to Selling and Sales Management Practice (2016)
- College of Business, UCO – Outstanding Researcher Award (2016)
- UCO Regular Grant (2013-2014 and 2016-2017)
- UCO New Faculty Grant Start-up Grant (2013)
- AMA Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium Fellow (2009)
The views expressed by UCO faculty and staff on their personal websites and social media pages do not necessarily reflect the positions of the University of Central Oklahoma. UCO faculty and staff are advised to follow the university’s social media guidelines and are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with policies outlined in UCO’s Employee Handbook and/or Faculty Handbook.