UCO has temporarily shifted most in-person classes to synchronous virtual delivery through Jan. 31. Campus facilities and services will remain open and offer in-person and virtual options. COVID-19 protocols remain in place. Masks are required on campus when around others. Students, faculty and staff who are directly exposed to or test positive for COVID-19 should fill out UCO's COVID-19 Self-Reporting form. To learn more about current operations, view the university's coronavirus webpage.
Teresa Pac, Ph.D.
Dr. Pac is an interdisciplinary art historian trained in medieval and contemporary comparative art histories.
ART 1153 Global Art and Visual Culture I
ART 2403 Global Art and Visual Culture II
ART 3513 Contemporary Art and Visual Culture
ART 4343 Multicultural Art
ART 3543 Art of the Americas
ART 4233 Central African Art
ART 3573 Islamic Art and Architecture
ART 4383 Methods and Theory in Art History
ART 4013 Global Approach to Socialist Art and Architecture
ART 3533 Architecture and Urban Space
ART 4143 History of Museum Practices
ART 3553 Art of Asia
ART 4223 West African Art
ART 1153 Global Art and Visual Culture I - Online
ART 4910 Political Art
ART 4910 Sex, Art, and Architecture
Education and Certifications
Ph.D., Art History, 2005
Harpur College of Arts and Sciences, Binghamton University, Binghamton, NY
Dissertation: “Churches at the Edge: A Comparative Study of Christianization Processes Along the Baltic Shore: Gdańsk and Novgorod”( supervised by Professor Charles Burroughs)
M.A., Art History, 1996
School of Arts and Sciences, Hunter College, New York, NY
Thesis: “To What Extent Did Stained Glass Windows Express the Philosophical Concept of God As Light in the Middle Ages?”
B.F.A., Restoration, 1993, magna cum laude
A.F.A. ,Interior Design,1991
The School of Art and Design, Fashion Institute of Technology, New York, NY
Honors and Awards
- Vanderford Faculty Engagement Award, UCO 2017
- Certificate of Achievements for Mentoring of Student Research, UCO 2017
- Vanderford Faculty Award in Support of Undergraduate Research, Creative and Scholarly Activities, UCO 2015
- Faculty-on Campus Grant, UCO Office of Research and Grants, 2015- 2016
- Faculty-on Campus Grant, UCO Office of Research and Grants 2014-2015
- New-Faculty Start-Up Grant, UCO Office of Research and Grants, 2013
- Certificate of Appreciation, UCO, the Student Support Services Program, 2013
- Kress Fellowship, Zentralinstitut für Kunstgeschichte, Munich and Berlin, Germany, 2003 - 2005
- Fulbright Scholarship, 2001-2002, Department of History, Gdańsk University, Poland
- Departmental Merit Award, Binghamton University, 2002
- Associate Professor, College of Fine Arts and Design, University of Central Oklahoma, 2017- present
- Invited Researcher working on the project "The Construction of the Other in Medieval Europe," University of Ostrava, The Czech Republic, 2018--2020
- Assistant Professor, College of Fine Arts and Design, University of Central Oklahoma, 2012-2017
- Visiting Assistant Professor, College of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning, University of Cincinnati, 2007-2009
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Harpur College of Arts and Sciences, Binghamton University, 2006-2007
- Adjunct Professor, Art Department, Marywood University, Scranton, PA, 2005-2006
- A Councilor in the Arts and Humanities Division for Council of Undergraduate Research (CUR), 2016-2019.
- Visiting Scholar, Cardinal Stefan Wyszynski University, Warsaw, Poland, Summer 2016.
- Visiting Scholar, Jagieloński University, Cracow, Poland, Summer 2015
- Research Specialist Principal, National Center for Interpretation, Testing Research and Policy, University of Arizona, January 2010 – May 2012.
- Guest Researcher. Department of Medieval Studies and Archaeological Institute, Moscow University, Moscow, Russia, Spring 2000
- Graduate Assistant, CEMERS, Binghamton University, Binghamton, NY, Fall 1997
- Research Assistant, American Decorative Art Department, Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, NY, 1993-1994
Research, Published Work, and Scholarly Activities
- “Shared Urban Culture as a Process in Late Medieval Krakow, Lublin, and Poznan,” in progress
- "The Production of the Other in Late Medieval Polish Kingdom and the Grand Duchy of Lithuania," in progress
- “Constructing Christian Middle Ages in Contemporary Poland,”-forthcoming
- “Saints and the Catholic National Narrative in Contemporary Poland," -forthcoming
- “Christianization of Fourteenth-Century Gdansk.”Historica 1(2015),1-16.
- “The English-Only Movement in the U.S. and the World in the Twenty-First Century.” Perspectives on Global Development and Technology 11:1, 2012, 192-2010.
- “Urban Space As a Forged Façade o fSocial Dynamics: Christianization and Material Culture in Fourteenth-Century Novgorod. ”Forschung 07 Kunstwissenschaftliche Studien 2. eds. Susanne H. Kolter, Barbara Stempel, and Christine Walter. Munich: Herbert Utz Verlag GmbH, 2004.
- The Dominican Order in the Christianization Process in Gdańsk: An Art Historical Perspective.”Dominikanie: Gdańsk-Polska-Europe. Gdańsk:Gdańsk University Press, 2003.
Research, Published Work, and Scholarly Activities
- "The Fluidity of the Other in the Production of Sigismund of Luxemburg and Władysław Jagiełło’s Royal Power and its Contemporary Significance,” Kiel, Germany (October 2018)
- Panel Organizer,” The Construction of the Other in Medieval Central Europe,” for the 48thAnnual Convention of the Slavic, East European, & Eurasian Studies, Chicago, IL; presented a paper “Construction of the Other in the Fifteenth-Century Polish Kingdom and Lithuania” (November 2017)
- The faculty on-campus discussion, Virginia Lamb Living Room, UCO organized by the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (January 2017)
- “Constructing Christian Middle Ages in Contemporary Poland,” Medieval Art in Central Europe, Nowy Sacz, Poland (October 2016)
- “Constructing Catholic Krakow, Lublin, and Poznan,” Oklahoma Art Historians, Philbrook Museum, Tulsa (April 2016)
- “The Saints and the Social and Political Landscapes in Contemporary Poland,” Oklahoma Research Day, Northeastern State University (March 2016)
- “Medieval Art in Krakow, Lublin, and Poznan,” Medieval Society, UCO (March 2016)
- “The Saints and the Social and Political Landscapes in Contemporary Poland, “Semiotica 2015-International Semiotic Conference, Lodz, Poland (May 2015)
- “Architecture and Urban Space in Late Medieval Bohemia, Poland, andT eutonic Prussia, ”Oklahoma Research Day, University of Central Oklahoma (March, 2014)
- Art of South America.“ Education Department, UCO, OK (May 2013)
- Attended 2013 OAEA (Oklahoma Art Education Association) Fall conference, September 20-21, OSU, Stillwater.
- Participated in Faculty Student Workshop, “ World of China from Confucius to Deng Xiaoping: Philosophy, History and Culture, University of Central Oklahoma, OKC (September 2013)
- Inequality in Global Visual Culture in the 21th Century. ”Global Studies Association of North America Annual Conference. University of Victoria, VancouverI sland, Canada (May 2012)
- Andrei Tarkovsky’s Film “Andrew Rublyev. “DAAP, University of Cincinnati, OH (April 2009)
- “Forging Christian History in Fourteenth-Century Gdańsk: An Interdisciplinary Study of Medieval Urban Space.”Art History Lecture Series, College of DAAP, University of Cincinnati (January 2008)
- “Urban Space As a False Façade of Political, Economic, and Cultural Changes: Medieval Novgorod, ”the Annual CEMERS (Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies) Workshop Lecture Series, Binghamton University, Binghamton, NY( November 2006)
- The Construction of Christian Memory and the Suppression of Historical Dynamics: Againsta Stylistic Approach to Medieval Architecture. ”CongressCATH 2004. Philosophy of Architecture/Architecture of Philosophy. National Museum of Photography, Film and Television, Bradford,UK (July 2004)
- Funktion und Bedeutung des Kreuzes im mittelalterlichen Nowgorod. ”Zentralinstitut für Kunstgeschichte. Munich Germany (March 2003)
- “Urban Development As a Sign of Economic and Cultural Regress.”CEMERS (Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies). RECOVERY: Pre-Modern Responses to Catastrophe and Convulsion. Binghamton University, Binghamton, NY (November 2002)
- “Rola Dominikanów w chrystianizacji Gdańska: perspektywa historyka sztuki [The Dominican Order in the Christianization Process in Gdańsk: An Art Historical Perspective]. “Gdańsk’s European Heritage: The Role of the Dominican Order in the History of Gdańsk. ”Gdańsk University Gdańsk, Poland (May 2002)
The views expressed by UCO faculty and staff on their personal websites and social media pages do not necessarily reflect the positions of the University of Central Oklahoma. UCO faculty and staff are advised to follow the university’s social media guidelines and are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with policies outlined in UCO’s Employee Handbook and/or Faculty Handbook.