The UCO campus is closed Friday, July 3, in observance of the Fourth of July. Operations will resume Monday, July 6.
Campus buildings reopened to the public effective July 1. Services are available virtually or by appointment only. Visitors should reach out to individual departments regarding appointments. Masks and social distancing are required while on campus. To learn more about current operations, view the university's summer reopening plan.
Christina Hendrickson, Ph.D.
Coordinator Human Physio Lab
Education and Certifications
PH.D. in Clinical Laboratory Sciences
Introductory Microbiology (lecture & lab)
Human Physiology lab
Mondays: 12 pm- 2 pm
Tuesdays: 12 pm- 1 pm
Wednesdays: 12 pm- 2 pm
Research, Published Work, and Scholarly Activities
Investigating anti proliferative and anti invasion effects of Taraxacum Officinale on cancer cell lines.
Investigating prophage-like Chromosomal island of Streptococcus pyogenes (SpyCIM1).
Papers and presentations:
- Hendrickson C.G., Euler C.W., Nguyen S. V., Rahman M., McCullor K. A., King C.J., Fischetti V.A., McShan W.M. (2015) Elimination of Chromosomal Island SpyCIM1 from Streptococcus pyogenes Strain SF370 Reverses the Mutator Phenotype and Alters Global Transcription. PLoS One 10:e0145884.
- Nguyen, S.V., Tu, T., Hendrickson, C.G.and McShan, W.M. (2013) A Phage-Like Chromosomal Island (SanCI) from a Daptomycin-Resistant Strain of Streptococcus anginosus that integrates into DNA mismatch repair gene mutL. Gene Bank.
- Hendrickson C.G. , Nguyen, S.V., King C.J., and McShan, W.M. (2013)The Role of Streptococcus pyogenes Chromosomal Islands (SpyCI) in Survival: Response to Environmental Conditions and LmrP Expression. Poster presentation at Oklahoma Research Day at UCO, Edmond, OK.
- Nguyen, S.V., Hendrickson C.G., King C.J., and McShan, W.M. (2013) Mobile Element SpyCIM1 Enhances Survival in S. pyogenes. Poster presentation at Oklahoma Center for the Advancement of Science and Technology (OCAST), Oklahoma City, OK.
- Scott, J., Nguyen, S.V., King C.J., Hendrickson C.G., and McShan, W.M. (2012) Mutator Phenotype Prophages in the Genome Strains of Streptococcus pyogenes: Control by Growth State and by a Cryptic Prophage-Encoded Promoter. Frontiers in Microbiology.
The views expressed by UCO faculty and staff on their personal websites and social media pages do not necessarily reflect the positions of the University of Central Oklahoma. UCO faculty and staff are advised to follow the university’s social media guidelines and are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with policies outlined in UCO’s Employee Handbook and/or Faculty Handbook.