Through Feb. 6, the university is operating at Level 2. For classes, this means faculty will have the discretion to choose a fully remote, hybrid, extended classroom or fully in-person format. Masks will be mandatory for in-person classes.
Visit the COVID-19 website to report a positive test, symptoms or exposure, for vaccine and testing information and for other COVID-19 resources.
Nesreen Alsbou, Ph.D.
Education and Certifications
- Ph. D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering. University of Oklahoma. Norman, OK
- Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering. Kansas State University. Manhattan, KS
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering with a minor in Computer Science. Kansas State University. Manhattan, KS
Professional and Community Involvement
- 2018 Technical Program Committee in the Internet of Things Symposium and Vehicular Communication Symposium for the International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC 2018).
- 2018-2019 UCO Transformative Learning Conference (TLC) Committee
- 2017-2019 UCO SoTL Committee
- 2018 UCO CMS Summer Bridge Program (July 9th-July 27th)
- 2018 UCO CMS Gear up Summer Program
- 2017 UCO CMS Fulbright Scholar Advisor for an Iraqi Fulbright Scholar working on speech pattern recognition.
- 2018 Vice chair of the Engineering Sciences section of the Oklahoma Academy of Science (OAS).
- 2018-2019 Society of Women Engineers (SWE) Faculty Advisor
- 2017-2018 National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) Faculty Advisor
- 2017 UCO CMS Gear up Summer Program
- UCO Summer Engineering and Physics Program (Summer Academy)
- Electrical Engineering Program Committee Member.
- Engineering Students Advisor for 40+ students at the Department of Engineering and Physics at UCO. Fall 2016- Present.
- 2015-Present: Supervising senior design projects in the area Internet of things, communications, networking and medical devices at the Department of Engineering and Physics at UCO. August 2015-Present.
- 2017 Chair of the Engineering Sciences section of the Oklahoma Academy of Science (OAS).
- 2016 Vice chair of the Engineering Sciences section of the Oklahoma Academy of Science (OAS).
- 2015-Present: Active member in the Society of Women Engineers (SWE) at the University of Central Oklahoma.
- College of Engineering representative in the International Affair Committee at Ohio Northern University, 2014-2015.
- Member of the Computer Engineering ABET Self Study Report Editing Committee at the ECCS Department at ONU, 2013-2014.
- Member of the Computer Engineering Curriculum and Course Committee at the ECCS Department at ONU, 2013-2015.
- Junior Computer Engineering Students Advisor at the ECCS Department at ONU, 2014-2015.
- Technical Program Committee (TPC) member of the Wireless Communication Networks (WCN) track of the International Conference on Wireless Communication Systems and Networks (MIC-Wireless 2014).
- Reviewer for Frontier in Education Conference, FIE 2015.
University of Central Oklahoma (Fall 2015 – Present)
1. Microprocessors Class
2. Microprocessors Lab
3. Electrical Science Class
4. Electrical Science Lab
5. Control Systems Class
6. Analog Electronics Class
7. Digital Logic Design Class
8. Digital Logic Design Lab
9. University Physical Science (Online class)
Ohio Northern University, Ada. Ohio (Fall 2013 – Spring 2015)
1. Electric Circuits Class
2. Electric Circuits Lab
3. Networks and Data Communication
4. Digital Logic Design Class
5. Digital Logic Design Lab
6. Wireless Sensor Networks
Penn State University- Erie (Fall 2012 –Spring 2013)
1. Operating Systems
2. Microprocessors Class
3. Microprocessors Lab
4. Very Large Scale Integrated Circuits (VLSI) Class
5. Very Large Scale Integrated Circuits (VLSI) Lab
6. Digital Logic Design Class
7. Digital Logic Design Lab
The views expressed by UCO faculty and staff on their personal websites and social media pages do not necessarily reflect the positions of the University of Central Oklahoma. UCO faculty and staff are advised to follow the university’s social media guidelines and are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with policies outlined in UCO’s Employee Handbook and/or Faculty Handbook.