Due to forecasted winter weather, the UCO campus will be closed Wednesday, Feb. 1. All offices will be closed and all classes are canceled.
Sammy Muriithi, D.B.A.
Sammy Muriithi, D.B.A., is an associate professor of management in the College of Business. His primary areas of research interest include corporate social responsibility and sustainability, corporate governance, entrepreneurship, mergers and acquisitions, and environmental uncertainty.
Education and Certifications
- Doctor of Business Administration (Strategic Management), Louisiana Tech. University, Ruston, LA 2016
- Master of Business Administration, (Accounting), Troy University, Troy, AL. 2010
- Bachelors in Business and Management, Egerton University, Kenya. 2005
- Strategic Management - MGMT 4813
- Strategic Management - MBA 5712
- Organizational Change and Innovation - MBA 5642
- International Business - MGMT 4253
Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability, Corporate Governance, Mergers and Acquisitions, and Uncertainty.
Honors and Awards
- Faculty On-Campus Research Grant (PI) 2017-2018: Policy Uncertainty and Firm Performance: A Multilevel Analysis. On-Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, University of central Oklahoma:
Office: TH 232
M: 8:30-10:45 a.m.
T: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
W: 8:30-10:45 a.m.
(Or by appointment)
University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond, OK. 2016 – Present
- MGMT 4813: Strategic Management (Fall 2016 - Present)
- MGMT 4253: International Business (Fall 2018 - Present)
- MBA 5642: Organizational Change & Innovation (Fall 2017 - Present)
- MBA 5712: Strategic Management (Fall 2018 - Present)
- MGMT 5305: Strategic Integration (Fall 2016 & Spring 2017)
Louisiana Tech. University, Ruston, LA. 2011 – 2016
- MGMT 310: Management of Organizations (2014-2015)
- MGMT 485: International Management (2015-2016)
Professional and Community Involvement
- Reviewer, Annual meetings of the Academy of Management
- Reviewer, Annual meetings of the Southern Management Association
- Reviewer, National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) 2018
- Session Chair, Academy of Management, Strategic Management Division, 2018
Research, Published Work, and Scholarly Activities
- Muriithi, S. G., Walters, B. A., McCumber, W. R., & Robles, L. R. (2022). Managerial entrenchment and corporate social responsibility engagement: The role of economic policy uncertainty. Journal of Management and Governance, 26(2), 621-640..
- Muriithi, S., Swanson, Z., Genchev, S. (2021). The effects of expectancy and heuristics on the major selection process. Journal of Higher Education Theory and Practice, 21(4), 223-235.
- Muriithi, S., Walters, B., Gilley, O. (2020). Corporate Social Responsibility Engagement, Economic Policy Uncertainty, And Firm Financial Performance. Journal of Business Strategies, 37(2), 1-22.
- Walters, B., Le, S., Kroll, M., Muriithi, S. (2020). Acquirers’ Corporate Social Responsibility Engagement, Target Executive Retention and Acquisition Outcomes. Journal of Managerial Issues, 32(4), 22.
- Le, S., Fuller, B., Muriithi, S., &Walters, B. (2015). The Influence of Top Managers’ Values on Corporate Social Performance: A Meta-Analysis. Journal of Managerial Issues, 27(1-4), 9-27.
Conference Presentations/Proceedings (*)
- Muriithi, S., Walters, B., Robles, L., Corporate Governance and Corporate Social Responsibility Engagement: The Role of Environmental Uncertainty. Southern Management Association, Norfolk, VA. October 2019.
- Walters, B., Kroll, M., Le, S., Muriithi, S. Acquirers' Corporate Social Responsibility, Target TMT Retention, and Acquisition Outcomes, Academy of Management, Boston, MA. August 2019.
- Le, S., Kroll, M., Muriithi, S., & Walters, B. Corporate Social Performance and Acquisition Performance: The Role of Target Quality. Academy of Management, Chicago, IL. August 2018.*
- Mwangola, W. & Muriithi, S. Supply Chain Excellence: A Network Analysis, Southeast Decision Sciences Institute, Wilmington, NC. February 2018
- Muriithi, S., & Mwangola, W. Policy Uncertainty and Firm Performance: A Multilevel Analysis. Oklahoma Research Day, Enid, OK. March 2018.
- Muriithi, S., Walters, B., Le, S., & Drake, A. The Effect of Corporate Social Performance on Acquisition Performance. Southern Management Association, Charlotte, NC. October 2016.*
- Muriithi, S. & Le, S. The role of firm resource and growth in determining the effectiveness of governance mechanisms. Southwest Academy of Management, Oklahoma City, OK. March 2016.*
- Le, S., Fuller, B., Muriithi, S., &Walters, B. The Influence of Top Managers’ Values and Power on Corporate Social Performance: A Meta-Analysis. Academy of Management, Orlando, FL. August 2013.
The views expressed by UCO faculty and staff on their personal websites and social media pages do not necessarily reflect the positions of the University of Central Oklahoma. UCO faculty and staff are advised to follow the university’s social media guidelines and are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with policies outlined in UCO’s Employee Handbook and/or Faculty Handbook.