Through Feb. 6, the university is operating at Level 2. For classes, this means faculty will have the discretion to choose a fully remote, hybrid, extended classroom or fully in-person format. Masks will be mandatory for in-person classes.
Visit the COVID-19 website to report a positive test, symptoms or exposure, for vaccine and testing information and for other COVID-19 resources.
Sammy Muriithi, D.B.A.
Sammy Muriithi, D.B.A., is an assistant professor of management in the College of Business. His primary areas of research interest include Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability, Corporate Governance, Entrepreneurship, Mergers and Acquisitions, and Family Business.
Education and Certifications
- Doctor of Business Administration (Strategic Management), Louisiana Tech. University, Ruston, LA 2016
- Master of Business Administration, (Accounting), Troy University, Troy, AL. 2010
- Bachelors in Business and Management, Egerton University, Kenya. 2005
- Higher Diploma, Institute for the Management of Information Systems, UK. 2005
- Strategic Management - MGMT 4813
- Strategic Management - MBA 5712
- Organizational Change and Innovation - MBA 5642
- International Business - MGMT 4253
Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability, Corporate Governance, Mergers and Acquisitions, and Uncertainty.
Honors and Awards
- Faculty On-Campus Research Grant (PI) 2017-2018: Policy Uncertainty and Firm Performance: A Multilevel Analysis. On-Office of Research & Sponsored Programs, University of central Oklahoma:
Office: TH 232
M: 8:30-10:45 a.m.
T: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
W: 8:30-10:45 a.m.
(Or by appointment)
University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond, OK. 2016 – Present
- MGMT 4813: Strategic Management (Fall 2016 - Present)
- MGMT 4253: International Business (Fall 2018 - Present)
- MBA 5642: Organizational Change & Innovation (Fall 2017 - Present)
- MBA 5712: Strategic Management (Fall 2018 - Present)
- MGMT 5305: Strategic Integration (Fall 2016 & Spring 2017)
Louisiana Tech. University, Ruston, LA. 2011 – 2016
- MGMT 310: Management of Organizations (2014-2015)
- MGMT 485: International Management (2015-2016)
Professional and Community Involvement
- Reviewer, Annual meetings of the Academy of Management
- Reviewer, Annual meetings of the Southern Management Association
- Reviewer, National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) 2018
- Session Chair, Academy of Management, Strategic Management Division, 2018
Research, Published Work, and Scholarly Activities
Conference Presentations/Proceedings (*)
- Muriithi, S., Walters, B., Robles, L., Corporate Governance and Corporate Social Responsibility Engagement: The Role of Environmental Uncertainty. Southern Management Association, Norfolk, VA. October 2019.
- Walters, B., Kroll, M., Le, S., Muriithi, S. Acquirers' Corporate Social Responsibility, Target TMT Retention, and Acquisition Outcomes, Academy of Management, Boston, MA. August 2019.
- Le, S., Kroll, M., Muriithi, S., & Walters, B. Corporate Social Performance and Acquisition Performance: The Role of Target Quality. Academy of Management, Chicago, IL. August 2018.*
- Mwangola, W. & Muriithi, S. Supply Chain Excellence: A Network Analysis, Southeast Decision Sciences Institute, Wilmington, NC. February 2018
- Muriithi, S., & Mwangola, W. Policy Uncertainty and Firm Performance: A Multilevel Analysis. Oklahoma Research Day, Enid, OK. March 2018.
- Muriithi, S., Walters, B., Le, S., & Drake, A. The Effect of Corporate Social Performance on Acquisition Performance. Southern Management Association, Charlotte, NC. October 2016.*
- Muriithi, S. & Le, S. The role of firm resource and growth in determining the effectiveness of governance mechanisms. Southwest Academy of Management, Oklahoma City, OK. March 2016.*
- Le, S., Fuller, B., Muriithi, S., &Walters, B. The Influence of Top Managers’ Values and Power on Corporate Social Performance: A Meta-Analysis. Academy of Management, Orlando, FL. August 2013.
- Muriithi, S., Swanson, Z., Genchev, S. (2021). The effects of expectancy and heuristics on the major selection process. Journal of Higher Education Theory and Practice, 21(4), 223-235.
- Muriithi, S., Walters, B., Robles, L. (2021). Managerial Entrenchment and Corporate Social Responsibility Engagement: The Role of Environmental Uncertainty. Journal of Management and Governance, 20.
- Muriithi, S., Walters, B., Gilley, O. (2020). Corporate Social Responsibility Engagement, Economic Policy Uncertainty, And Firm Financial Performance. Journal of Business Strategies, 37(2), 1-22.
- Walters, B., Le, S., Kroll, M., Muriithi, S. (2020). Acquirers’ Corporate Social Responsibility Engagement, Target Executive Retention and Acquisition Outcomes. Journal of Managerial Issues, 32(4), 22.
- Le, S., Fuller, B., Muriithi, S., &Walters, B. (2015). The Influence of Top Managers’ Values on Corporate Social Performance: A Meta-Analysis. Journal of Managerial Issues, 27(1-4), 9-27.
The views expressed by UCO faculty and staff on their personal websites and social media pages do not necessarily reflect the positions of the University of Central Oklahoma. UCO faculty and staff are advised to follow the university’s social media guidelines and are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with policies outlined in UCO’s Employee Handbook and/or Faculty Handbook.