Claire has 23 years of experience in the dance world in a wide variety of techniques, has more than 20 years of ballet, and is now entering her fourth season as professional dancer/aerialist with Perpetual Motion Dance. She is excited to work with students at the University of Central Oklahoma and hopes to inspire her students to always try their best, to work not only hard, but also smart, and to put fear on the back burner. She desires for them to thrive as they dive in to learn new things and improve on fundamentals to create a strong foundation in ballet that will allow them to soar.
Claire believes in always striving to become the best versions of ourselves, as both dancers and as kind, well-rounded human beings. As an instructor, she is passionate about individuality and believes that cookie-cutter bodies are not the goal; rather, becoming beautiful, strong and confident dancers. This in turn allows individual strengths to shine and our weakness to be worked on. Every dancer is individually unique and diversity should be celebrated both in dance and in life. Building technique is a major goal, but so is finding joy in what we do.
Education and Certifications
University of Oklahoma - Dual Degree with Distinction
Nonprofit Business & Management, BS - 2014
Dance Pedagogy, BFA - 2014
Aerial Dance Instructor – Training Completion via Perpetual Motion Dance
Foundation to Revolutionary Principles of Movement - Training Completion
Registered Holy Yoga Instructor - 225hr Certification
Trauma Sensitive Yoga Specialty Certification
Perpetual Motion Dance Company – Professional Dancer/Instructor -Entering 4th Season with the company
- 2017-18 National Tours – contracted by “Meow Wolf” a collaborative arts group in Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Teach Yoga for Kids, Yoga for Dancers, Restorative Yoga and Beginning/Intermediate/Advance Adult Yoga Classes
- Teach Adult and Youth Aerial Silks, Aerial Hammock, Trapeze, Metal apparatus classes
- Perform Aerial, Modern and Contemporary Ballet at various corporate and non-profit fundraising events and for dance showcases open to the general public
- PM Grant Writing Team
OU’s Ballet and Modern Dance Companies - Ballet Pedagogy Major 2010-2014
- lead role in Balanchine’s Valse-Fantaisie
- lead role in Tudor’s Fandango
- select group taken on tour to Austria to perform in Haydn’s, The Creation
Summer Intensive Training included:
- School of American Ballet
- American Ballet Theatre
- Pacific Northwest Ballet
- Alonzo King LINES Contemporary Ballet
Year-Round Training included:
- Alexa Fioroni with Oklahoma City Ballet Conservatory
- Tulsa Ballet Center for Dance Education and Tulsa Ballet II Apprentice
Honors and Awards
NextGen Under 30 – 2017 Award Recipient for the Nonprofit Sector
Area Council Leadership 2017 Program Honor Award - Creator and Director of Oklahoma Kindness Club within The Boys and Girls Club of Oklahoma County, Santa Fe South School Site.
Miracle Maker Fundraiser Award – 3 consecutive years for OU's Dance Marathon, Soonerthon, fundraising event for the Oklahoma Children’s Hospital Foundation.
Before and after class or by appointment.
The views expressed by UCO faculty and staff on their personal websites and social media pages do not necessarily reflect the positions of the University of Central Oklahoma. UCO faculty and staff are advised to follow the university’s social media guidelines and are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with policies outlined in UCO’s Employee Handbook and/or Faculty Handbook.