Due to forecasted winter weather, the UCO campus will be closed Wednesday, Feb. 1. All offices will be closed and all classes are canceled.
Hossein Najmizadehbaghini, Ph.D.
Hossein Najmizadehbaghini is currently an assistant professor in the Department of Information System and Operations Management at the College of Business. He worked in the international commerce and banking industry for 10 years before returning to school, earning a doctorate, and becoming an academic. His experiences include supply chain finance, global supply chain management, international commerce, and logistics.
I love online course development and teaching. Since I joined UCO, I have attended multiple advanced workshops, book clubs, and Online Consortium of Oklahoma meetings to learn about the latest online course development and technologies. I have developed and taught the following courses at the University of Central Oklahoma:
- Operations Management (ISOM 3313) in face-to-face, online, and self-paced online course (SPOC) formats
- Operations and Supply Chain Management (ISOM 4843) (Major capstone course with experiential learning component)
- Operations and Planning Control (ISOM 4043)
- Project and Program Management (MBA 5552) (online format)
- Project Management (ISOM 4333) (online format)
In all these courses, my teaching philosophy entails (1) planning the course using Learning Environment Modelling (2) presenting new material to students through incorporating prior knowledge, (3) providing the chance for peer learning at the moment (4) allowing students to investigate new knowledge through doing it.
Research, Published Work, and Scholarly Activities
I am interested in researching forecasting methods, logistics, and teaching Operations and Project Management in the online environment.
Refereed Journal Publications
- RikhtegarBrenji, H., Najmi, H., (2021). Game-Based Pedagogy in Operations Management: Impact of Playing a Simulation Game and Providing Feedback on Students' Knowledge. International Journal of Information and Operations Management Education
- Hong, S. J., Najmi, H., (2020). The relationships between supply chain capability and shareholder value using financial performance indicators. Sustainability, 12(8), 3130.
- Philip, J., Najmi, H., Orudzheva, L., & Struckell, E. (2017). Work-life overlap in the millennial generation: the role of ubiquitous technology. Journal of Strategic Innovation and Sustainability, 12(1), 80-98.
- Andrew, S. A. & Najmi, H. (2015). Inter-Organizational Collaboration and Sources of Social Capital. In Blanchard, Carrie B. & Sergio Sosa Gonzáles (Eds.), Social Capital and Collaborative Governance: Perspectives from Mexico and the United States (PP.85–103). BUAP University, Plaza y Valdez Spain Press.
- Najmi, H., ** RikhtegarBrenji, H., “Game-Based Pedagogy in Operations Management: Impact of Playing a Simulation Game and Providing Feedback on Students' Knowledge” Decision Science Institute Annual Meeting (DSI), Online.; November 21 – 23, 2020
- Najmi, H., ** HassanMirzaei, F., “Ordering the Right Amount: How to Set the Near Optimum Order Quantity with a Minimum Calculation.” Decision Science Institute Annual Meeting (DSI), New Orleans, LA.; November 23 – 25, 2019
- Najmi, H., “A Discussant in a Panel on challenges of doing research on Illegal Drugs” The Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS), Seattle, WA.; October 18 – 23, 2019
Education and Certifications
Ph.D., Management Science, University of North Texas
M.s., Finance, University of North Texas
MBA, Finance, Multi Media University, Malaysia
The views expressed by UCO faculty and staff on their personal websites and social media pages do not necessarily reflect the positions of the University of Central Oklahoma. UCO faculty and staff are advised to follow the university’s social media guidelines and are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with policies outlined in UCO’s Employee Handbook and/or Faculty Handbook.